cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment pass help

Hi I've just purchased a three month entertainment pass but it is not showing on my tv. I've got now tv sky cinema pass which I've had for ages. In my account section there's only mention of this pas and not the entertainment one. I've got a Panasonic smart TVs.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The usual cause of this problem is that you are actually using the NowTV app on a YouView box, and the Panasonic TV is only acting as the screen you see this on.

Currently, NowTV on YouView only supports the Movies Pass, and not Entertainment or Sport.

This is set to change, across many YouView boxes, in the near future we hope, but isn’t there yet.

There isn’t a NowTV app on the Panasonics, so your best bet is to get a NowTV Stick, easily available from Curry’s, Argos, Amazon and other retailers.

At its current £14.99, if you get the one with two month’s Entertainment Pass included, this is actually cheaper by 99p than the regular price of the Passes; or there’s a pack with the Stick and one month’s Movies if you would prefer that.

Though you will find that Curry’s will sell you a two-month Entertainment Pass for £10 on its own, and/or a Movies Pass at a reduced price likewise.

But even then, £4.99 or so, to be watching NowTV Entertainment this very day; what’s not to like?

And the Pass on the Stick will go and live in your My Account/Passes & Vouchers until you are ready to Redeem it, which, if it were and Entertainment Pass, you can do in the third month of your current three-month Pass, ready to cover months 4 and 5; no need to pay NowTV any more money for Entertainment  until October looms!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The usual cause of this problem is that you are actually using the NowTV app on a YouView box, and the Panasonic TV is only acting as the screen you see this on.

Currently, NowTV on YouView only supports the Movies Pass, and not Entertainment or Sport.

This is set to change, across many YouView boxes, in the near future we hope, but isn’t there yet.

There isn’t a NowTV app on the Panasonics, so your best bet is to get a NowTV Stick, easily available from Curry’s, Argos, Amazon and other retailers.

At its current £14.99, if you get the one with two month’s Entertainment Pass included, this is actually cheaper by 99p than the regular price of the Passes; or there’s a pack with the Stick and one month’s Movies if you would prefer that.

Though you will find that Curry’s will sell you a two-month Entertainment Pass for £10 on its own, and/or a Movies Pass at a reduced price likewise.

But even then, £4.99 or so, to be watching NowTV Entertainment this very day; what’s not to like?

And the Pass on the Stick will go and live in your My Account/Passes & Vouchers until you are ready to Redeem it, which, if it were and Entertainment Pass, you can do in the third month of your current three-month Pass, ready to cover months 4 and 5; no need to pay NowTV any more money for Entertainment  until October looms!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your precise answer, appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m currently having the same issue. The while reason i purchased a pass was to watch Chernobyl on my tv and I can’t even use the pass on anything else as it obviously doesn’t run on Youview.

How would i go about claiming a refund as this was not mentioned when purchasing the pass?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Several points here:-

One of the purposes of the free trial offer is to allow you to sort stuff like this out before spending any money - did you not take advantage of this?

NowTV clearly publicise the current limitations of the YouView box NowTV:- 

https://www.nowtv.com/devices/youview

Legally, you are only entitled to a refund if YouView was mentioned at the point of purchase - was it?

But as you have not used the pass, NowTV will likely give you a refund:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

However, note I said ‘have not’, and not ‘cannot’, as there are about 60 other ways you could potentially watch programmes on an Entertainment Pass.

In particular, read my Accepted Answer above, where I suggest the NowTV Stick as the answer here.

And ask yourself if it isn’t worth another £15 to be able to watch Chernobyl, and all the other Entertainment goodies on offer, for the next three months?