cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Package - Picture Freezes, shows error code, back to home screen, starts where it stop

Hello,

I bought an LG CX 65 a few months ago and I had trouble with NOW TV pre installed. It kept freezing. Length of time varied and there was no pattern to when it happened. My connection to the internet is via wire, I have tried wireless as well. There is no problem with, Apple+ Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer etc. I thought the update the other day would solve the problem. It did not. I am watching Game of Thrones, and at the height of the Battle of the ######, I am all fired up and…..It's beyond annoying.

I contacted LG customer service and they told me to uninstall and reinstall, which I did. This improved the stopping for a few days, and then yesterday, it started stopping again. It has to be something to do with the app and NOW.TV

I have a photo of the error code. Can't see how to insert/edit image from the camera image above. 

Can you tell me what to do please?

Thank you.

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This seems to be a common error code across many devices.

If unplugging the power to the television for about 2 minutes or a full factory reset on the television doesn't make any a difference.

Then somebody with an LG Smart TV with the PL-0 error message had success by doing this on their television settings.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/LG-TV-Error-Code-PL-0/m-p/554985 

Unfortunately i don't own an LG Smart television to offer you any further help.

Apart from type maybe something like "PL-0 error code" in the Community search box and plough through the various threads with this problem (just be aware there are a few).

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So when I had an LG TV as my main living room TV often I found that the NOW app was unreliable. 

What I ended up doing was setting the TV back to factory settings, which sorted out the issue for a few months. 

Certainly not ideal, but it worked for me before switching to Sony. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What's the error code or message ?

Even if you can't uploaded the photo, write the error code / message on your reply post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

The error code is PL-0 (Zero) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to update, I posted the below elseware. 

Thank you very much, it worked. Well for two days and various programs. Lost the picture lag as well. For someone with no tech knowledge at all, there are a couple more steps, but that might be different on each model. For the LG 65 CX:-

Settings 

All Settings

General

Untick Automatic Location

Scroll down to the very bottom

Tick Other No Country

Agree User Agreement

Thank you again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the same problem with a Samsung smart TV from 2020 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try unplugging the TV and router for a few minutes 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m with VM both myself and partners parents are getting major quality issues and buffering on the sports channels. I’d love Nowtv to investigate this…

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can you elaborate what device your using to watch NOW?

Do you have Boost?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. 

scenario 1 - my house

VM 350 (Speedtests regularly at 250+ low latency, jitter and no packet loss) 

Nowtv app on Apple TV 4K (not the one released this week)

ATV is hardwired to router

Scenario 2 - partners parent

VM 100mbit (connection quality stats the same as above)

Nowtv app on Samsung smart tv connected via 5ghz WiFi - Speedtest on tv maxes out connection, no packet loss/low jitter and latency

in both cases it started around the same time