cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entering sign in details on youview DTRT4000

Does anyone know how to enter sign in details on a youview box? The NowTv viewer loads the sign in screen but neither the remote or a usb keyboard works. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have the same exact model Youview box and signing into the NowTV App for me was straight forward with no problems.

Where i opened the NowTV App, scrolled down to My Account, clicked on the right directional arrow on the remote, then clicked OK to see the email or username and password box appear on screen, then clicked OK and the qwerty board appeared on screen to type my details in the two boxes.

If it doesn't work for you, perhaps disconnect the power to the YouView box for a minute and restart the box and try again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very many thanks,

my mistake was when the input boxes appeared I assumed I had to type using the alphanumeric keys on the remote, nothing on screen indicated that I needed to press OK a second time, oops.

again many thanks without your help I could have wasted days.

just waiting for the Sky Entertainment channels to appear now.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you got it sorted Smiley Happy.

Yeah, when nowtv does eventually get the entertainment, sports etc added (fingers crossed sometime this year) and they can bump up the resolution from SD to HD on the Youview boxes.

Then the Youview Boxes, which has the 4 main catch up Apps such has BBC iPlayer, etc together with Netflix and the Amazon Prime App might be one of the best set top box to use out there Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This did the job thank you so much  Perfect