cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

End of NOW for Me

With Sky announcing Stream will be released on 18th this my last month with NOW so glad I went for the LG OLED over the Sky Glass TV now.

• LG
24 REPLIES 24
RoyB
Legend

I think that BT would have quite a remarkable amount to say if Sky pulled Now 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Good point. Long may their over-paying multicast subscribers continue to subsidise the rest of us. 😉 

nst
Elite

what an interesting thread.

ive know all about Sky's stand alone puck thingy for a while... but its very interesting to see the appeal.

The unified up next watchlist is great, and it really does fundamentally shift the paradigm of disparate streaming services into one 'up next' list.

BUT - only in one room on one device.

As an AppleTV user, ive mentioned this many times before but Apple's in-built (FREE) TV app does exactly the same thing - the only deficiency is that it doesn't include Netflix content but it does include literally everything else.

The other huge bonus of the Apple TV app is that it syncs across all your apple devices including iPads, iPhones, and apple TVs (though annoyingly not MacOS as it doesnt have the same streaming apps that iOS/TVOS/iPadOS does).

So to me, whilst I have an AppleTV box, its a no brainier to steer clear of the Sky service as the price increase gives literally no benefit to what we have now for free - and keeping NOW (with all its annoyances).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh I agree the Apple TV Box is good pity NOW won't make a proper app for it though but I wanted just one way to watch all my Live and Catchup TV and to get Sky Sports in 4K not something I can do with NOW and having proper customer service for issues with the service is going to be better. Maybe I am paying a bit more then I am for NOW but it's really not that much more like £10-15 but that £10-15 includes my Netflix subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For anyone who is interested Sky physical stores are taking orders now for Sky Stream I was in town and was walking by and figured I would pop in see if their staff knew anything about it. Very surprised they were all fully trained up on it. Ordered is placed I was told in store I would get the Puck tomorrow but the Sky Website now says 4th of October.

£20 for the Puck which I thought was very reasonable and a 31 Day Contract just like NOW.