cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

EU roaming in UK

Broadband (Vodafone)  was down yesterday morning for a few hours. When it came back havent been able to watch anything on Now TV app on LG tv. Keep geting the following error message “streaming is not permitted at the moment. It looks like you don’t meet the EU roaming rules.” even though i'm in the UK.

I have tried connecting an old chromcast and using a PC but get similar message.

The only device i can watch Now tv on is an android phone.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem LG tv, xbox, now tv box and pc say I'm in the wrong country or that streaming is not permitted because I don't meet EU roaming rules, it only works on android phone, with the same wifi connection. I contacted the Live chat but they couldn't sort it and just said they would escalate the issue and contact me later, apparently within 48 hrs. Have you managed to resolve it? I'm also with vodafone by the way and had the same issue with them as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Posted on Vodafone forum too. Another Vodafone customer says Vodafone are aware of a lot of Now TV customers having problems and are trying to fix. Seems as though Vodafone ip addresses are being seen by Now TV servers as Indian!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem for me.

Resetting the router did not fix it. 

Any solution?

Cheers,  

E

@Anonymous User wrote:

Posted on Vodafone forum too. Another Vodafone customer says Vodafone are aware of a lot of Now TV customers having problems and are trying to fix. Seems as though Vodafone ip addresses are being seen by Now TV servers as Indian!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this same issue with Vodafone, had no help at all with the NOWTV Live Chat.

Trying to sort this with Vodafone but no luck either 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem here.

i have not used NowTV for a few weeks as I was away on holidays until Easter weekend. On Friday morning (26/04), my Vodafone broadband was down for a few hours, but it was then up running when I return from work. This morning (Sunday), I tried to watch NowTV through Chromecast via iPad Mini, I got this “streaming is not permitted saying I’m not meeting roaming rule”. Tried watching it under Wi-Fi on iPad Mini directly, I got the same error.

However, when using vodafone mobile network connection after turning off Wi-Fi on iPad Mini, I can successfully streaming!

So it must be something to do with IP address making NowTV thinks it’s belong overseas. 

Check whatismyip.com, it says my IP address 84.64.54.200 belongs to ISP Vodafone Ltd and the location is Leeds, ENG GB.

It seems the issue is on NowTV incorrectly determining my (or Vodafone home broadband) IP address located outside of UK/EU.

How can we make the complaint to NowTV to resolve this ASAP?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

B9692097-7A22-4360-9013-77EE196F0822.png25F7658A-E25A-4073-A3A3-E04112845C06.pngNo commitment from NowTV when they will fix the issue....

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your replies.
I have already cancelled my subscription.

Considering Youtube and Netflix work perfectly with my Chromecast it is clearly just a problem with Nowtv.

If they are not keen to fix the issue they are going to lose clients...

Cheers,
E
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in the same boat and just like the last post am just about to cancel my subscription. Shame I have only just started to use it but already fed up with this issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. Have contacted support, got the the stereotypical "it's a known issue" and "our engineers are working on it" quotes but no actual indication of when it might be fixed. What's the point of a TV service that hasn't actually let me watch TV for three days now, with no end to that in sight?