cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

It's in the hands of our technical teams now, we do hope this is getting sorted very soon.

Sorry about the inconvenience caused 😞

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a complimentary weekly sports pass because of the issue, which I am happy with.

Will it be fixed for this weekend, so I can use it, and watch on TV, and in comfort, rather than my PC monitor?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Any update on the error code 2 issue?
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

No update as of yet. 

Can you please try the steps in this link here as mentioned by @Anonymous User

It would be good to see if this manages to work for other customers. 

Thanks again, and I apologies for the delay in getting a resolution. 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

No update as of yet. 

Can you please try the steps in this link here as mentioned by @Anonymous User

It would be good to see if this manages to work for other customers. 

Thanks again, and I apologies for the delay in getting a resolution. 

Karl

NOW TV Team

It is a good idea from @Anonymous User but I am a bit miffed that you are offering it as a fix, rather than having it resolved by now.
So here is an idea - can you not do another update to bring it back to how it was, then I can update the app on my TV, and see if it works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi just purchased a 2015 LG 42LF625V as it would be featuring the NOWTV app only to find out about the error code 2 issue when trying to play content via WIFI (which appears to still be an issue) using a wired connection app is working fine... But should not have to resort to a wired connection on a TV with built in Wi-Fi to access content 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think I may have some good news for people. I factory restored my LG 4kUltra this evening and reloaded several applications such as Daily Motion and Smart IPTV.

Now TV was the version loaded with the TV and prompted for an update which I allowed.

Not chancing my luck, I played a live movie channel and that worked so decided to give the on-demand a try and it's streaming The Muppets Disbey movie without any hitches at all wirelessly.

Hope this is the end of the LG saga for now.

Fingers crossed for everyone. 🙂

(The movie choice to try wasn't mine, I hastily add!)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
And it's still working this morning.
Angus, Thongs and Petfect Snogging also stream without an issue. These really are just to test the streaming not my taste in movies 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Do I really have to factory restore my TV, and go through all the set ups of the various apps again, plus the rest, just because you are unable to resolve the issue?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App updated and now unable to access any programmes. What is going on? I was part of the app trial and it worked then. I assume that all affected will be compensated for this loss of service?