cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same issue.

New TV, software up to date.

Model no is 43LF590V

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

PMCG01 wrote: I have same issue.

Model no is 43LF590V

Out of interest. Are you using a wired or WiFi connection?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

PMCG01 wrote: I have same issue.

Model no is 43LF590V

Out of interest. Are you using a wired or WiFi connection?

Wireless - everything else is fine, such as iPlayer and 5 on demand.

Due to room layout, wireless is only real option.

TV software and app are all up to date.

Now TV have acknowledged there is an issue though.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well..... Powerline networking adaptor plugs are another, much more stable option 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well..... Powerline networking adaptor plugs are another, much more stable option 😉

Being a techophobe, that means nothing to me, I am afraid. Wish it did.

No matter, I guess I am relegated to my PC for now.  Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Hopefully NOW TV get it fixed soon, as it was one of the features that led me to the TV, as I cannot get SKY or cable.   Probably the only person in Britain who cannot.

EDIT - Just read up on Powerline networking adaptor plugs.   Sounds straight forward enough.   Something definately worth considering, even if the matter is resolved.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
EDIT - Just read up on Powerline networking adaptor plugs.   Sounds straight forward enough.   Something definately worth considering, even if the matter is resolved.

Amazon have a good range of powerline adaptors available. Their reliability and build quality has really improved over the years, as has their speed and number of ports.

When I rewired my house 15 or-so years ago I ran network (and telephone) cable everywhere. But if I was rewiring my house today I'd most probably use powerline adaptors.

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Amazon have a good range of powerline adaptors available. Their reliability and build quality has really improved over the years, as has their speed and number of ports.

When I rewired my house 15 or-so years ago I ran network (and telephone) cable everywhere. But if I was rewiring my house today I'd most probably use powerline adaptors.

Cheers 

Well, sounds like a good option.   Much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same issue. Bought LG Smart TV 40UF77 2 weeks ago. NOW TV worked like a dream until last night... now receiving error code 2. Wired connection and all other apps work fine. Any resolution on this issue?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok, so only appears to be an issue with series 2 episode 10 of Game of Thrones!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. LG 43UF77. Software updated now won't work at all either by Ethernet or wireless.

Now can't watch anything at all. Error code 2 this evening whilst trying to stream Oliver.

Again like many others, bought the tv to watch Now tv instead of separate box.

Hope NowTV are going to compensate users who can't use their service.