cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I work in an office.... I should have known to try the "turn it off and on" procedure! It's worked 😊 Thank you for your swift response!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to get my Sopranos fix here. "Something's not right bla bla error code 2". I see this is a common problem. We got a solution?? Thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
LG tv by the way..
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new topic has been merged into this existing topic about the same subject. Please refer to my previous post Smiley Wink

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I wish I'd seen this thread a few days ago. Bought an LG 49UH61 which I'm very happy with and was delighted with the Now TV app, worked well for a day then the Error Code 2 popped up and I'm back to using my trusty PS4 for Now TV. Sorry if I've missed it but is there a fix for this now?...more than a little annoying !

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already it's good practice to re-boot your router (and ethernet switches) every now and again, as it often helps resolve desynchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting Smiley Wink

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a 55JL9000 smart TV which came preloaded with the NOW TV app on LG's webos, connected directly to our Fibre broadband through hard wired Ethernet. It's worked brilliantly for 1.5 years and suddenly two weeks ago stopped being able to stream any media on NOW TV or Amazon. NOW TV has a Error Code 2 message, Amazon has something similar. The apps are up to date. I've reset, rebooted, reloaded, but no joy. BBC iplayer and Google Play still works though.

Any other ideas?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the 'Software Version' number of your John Lewis/LG television? 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

It's 05.05.35, webos version 1.4.0-2525

NowTV app version 2.0.7

Iain.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

It's 05.05.35, webos version 1.4.0-2525

NowTV app version 2.0.7