cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does picture and sound quality differ with different devices?

I have a Samsung tv with a PlayStation 4 pro connected to it...

Is the picture quality the same through the Samsung app and the ps4 pro app ? I think it's slightly better on the ps4 but it might just be my eyes ?

Also Sonos picks up the sound through the tv app as either stereo or Dolby digital 2.0 but through the ps4 it says Dolby digital 5.1... but I'm not sure I can even hear anything out the back speakers with it so I don't think that's true ?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone??????????????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The picture and sound quality is the same for both devices (720p and stereo sound) so in theory they will look the same, but different devices tend to add some upscaling or picture enhancements on top so this could explain the slight difference you see. 

There's no 5.1 surround on any NOW TV content yet. I have seen other people mention the PS4 reporting 5.1 but the content is streamed strictly in stereo at the moment and there's been no word as to whether this will change in the future. The best you can do is to feed it into an AV amp and use a pseudosurround mode such as Dolby ProLogic/ProLogicII to generate a surround sound field.