Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Elite

Re: Does Now TV Support HD?

@gavs82008 wrote:

@Thom77 @robert1997 

Only once I have managed to see my Passes & Vouchers page which isn’t give me a Boost Pass option, although I have tried probably at least 10 times and apart from that once every time I get the error and red banner.

Very difficult not to get excited on the prospect of the 1080p and surround sound finally coming, let’s hope it’s 50fps on the 1080p as well!

@gavs82008 

50fps would be the icing on the cake.......... if that doesn't come, then Sport will still be a no-no for me, but at least my Entertainment will look better!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Elite

@Thom77 

From what I remember in a survey last year the “add on” for 1080p and surround sound was costing £5 and it would cover all passes.

So the fact it is potentially £3 instead is a damn good deal!

Although I remember the survey suggested catch up would finally come to the sports pass. Which is one of the huge let downs on Now TV for sports.

Highlighted
Elite

@Thom77 

BT sport supply their channels as standard 1080p and 50fps via the big screen app on my Samsung.

I would be shocked if Now TV didn’t follow suit. Like everyone complains about the sports on Now TV it’s down to poor frame rate. Whereas I only pay £10 a month thanks to my EE Max Plan and I get 1080p and 50fps at no extra cost. Absolute steal as far as I’m concerned. 

Highlighted

@gavs82008 @Thom77 

50fps would still be a must for me as upping the resolution to 1080p is only half the battle. I can't quibble over the current picture quality, except of course on sports coverage, but I'm on record as saying I'd be willing to forgo full HD to get 50fps. Of course, 1080p/50fps would be the icing on the cake and the cherry on top 😀

When full HD was first mooted I think the idea was that your 'Full HD' sub would be one price (£3?) across each of your passes, so one HD sub covers all.

Highlighted
Elite

@robert1997 @gavs82008 

I basically run constant £10 for 2 Months Entertainment Vouchers on my account for my entertainment viewing pleasure, so £5 a month and now a £3 add-on....... £8 a month for Full HD is not bad, but I always like a saving, so I'll just need to hunt round the supermarkets for those offers on 2 month vouchers!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Don't wish to dampen the mood but another thread has been started https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Technical-faults-Anyone-else-having-trouble-buying-passe... which reports access to the My Passes page has been playing up for the past 3 days. Could we be putting 2+2 together and getting 5?

Highlighted
Elite

@robert1997 

Hmmm that I didn’t notice, although with what has already been found by @jetbootjack  i am going to remain positive and hope that they are attempting to roll it out, hence why a lot of the time you can’t access the Passes & Vouchers page.

Either way I’m on a year deal for Movies and Entertainment thanks to Black Friday, so to get full 1080p added for £3 a month I’ll take it! 

Highlighted

@gavs82008I'm with you on keeping a positive outlook this afternoon 😀

Haven't been this excited since the football season ended, what does that not say about my life 🤣

Highlighted
Expert

Hopefully Full HD 1080p is about to launch just in time for the new football season. £3 a month is cheap for Full HD. Fingers cross.
Highlighted

More importantly let's HOPE for 50fps to make the sport acceptable to all. Football at 1080p/25fps just isn't going to cut it I'm afraid 😔