cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Now TV Support HD?

Hello - 

I am looking to purchase both Now TV with their Entertainment pass and their Now TV broadband.

But I can't find any information around whether HD is supported or not?

I'll be watching Now TV via my Apple TV or I may buy the Now TV box. 

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in NOW TV BOOST, some of our new features and functionality which includes streaming in 1080p. We recently made it available to a select group of our customers with NOW TV devices to make sure we were ready for a full launch. We don’t think it’s quite ready yet, so we’re going to turn it off to make some further improvements. 

If you have been charged, we will be refunding you and you should receive the money back into your bank account within 5 days. We will be in touch as soon as BOOST is ready to go live across a range of devices later this year. Thank you for your support for NOW TV.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous User
Not applicable
What does boost pass contains it just 1080p streams or is any other features on top 1080p streams.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Below is a screenshot of the Now TV Boost provided by @Anonymous User  Seems to only be full HD and surround sound. 

I was kind of hoping for 2 additional streams totaling 4 streams at once. Perhaps this might be added at a later stage. 

nowtv.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User£3 a month for Full HD would be a sweet deal and absolutely worth considering. Fingers crossed this appears soon.

@Anonymous User 

I'm assuming this £3 Full HD Boost covers all the Pass types you might have.... if you have Entertainment, Cinema and Sport Passes, it Boosts all of them????

....... now, as an aside, will be get a £3 Boost option for 50fps????????????

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From what I remember in a survey last year the “add on” for 1080p and surround sound was costing £5 and it would cover all passes.

So the fact it is potentially £3 instead is a damn good deal!

Although I remember the survey suggested catch up would finally come to the sports pass. Which is one of the huge let downs on Now TV for sports.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F 

Can you confirm this statement from @Anonymous User to get 1080p on Now TV passes?

I'm getting 1080P on my NowTV stick - I was offered a Now TV Boost when I renewed my pass, which says it is full HD

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was chatting to a member of the NOW TV team and they told me that 1080p isn't launching. Don't know if they were well informed or not. Bit mad that Prime Video offer 4K HDR at five pounds and 99 pence per month but NOW TV don't offer 1080p for 20 pounds per month (entertainment pass and cinema pass).
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Whoever told you it’s not launching is correct, it’s not being launched yet. Now TV/Sky are keeping the launch date to themselves.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Found this extremely interesting post on Facebook through Now TV. Sounds like BT Sport will be added before the season ticket offer expires?!

Also seems to mention that Red Button could finally come to Now TV. Thoughts?

53AB40A1-54EF-4690-B1A0-CB5DAFE5B358.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That post is pretty vague and doesn't confirm or deny anything. I wish the would just give us a date for 1080p. It's really a joke at this point. Not that interested in BT Sport myself but I know they've been being as vague as possible in that as well.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Well that gives them 10 months to get BT Sport onto NowTV. A bit of a vague answer that's for sure. As for Red Button, they were saying the same thing last season also. Like everything else it's a waiting game to see what does (or doesn't) happen next.