cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Now TV Support HD?

Hello - 

I am looking to purchase both Now TV with their Entertainment pass and their Now TV broadband.

But I can't find any information around whether HD is supported or not?

I'll be watching Now TV via my Apple TV or I may buy the Now TV box. 

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in NOW TV BOOST, some of our new features and functionality which includes streaming in 1080p. We recently made it available to a select group of our customers with NOW TV devices to make sure we were ready for a full launch. We don’t think it’s quite ready yet, so we’re going to turn it off to make some further improvements. 

If you have been charged, we will be refunding you and you should receive the money back into your bank account within 5 days. We will be in touch as soon as BOOST is ready to go live across a range of devices later this year. Thank you for your support for NOW TV.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It doesn't help when some of us have even signed beta forms in the past stating we we ok with an incremental price add on as part of our trial service for a "very important upcoming part of the Beta" program etc. And even then we've been still left dangling as to when the heck that is. (given that was a while ago now, and no word since.)
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You know Robert

When a tech company makes an early announcement about their latest whiz-bang update that declaration is not for their customers, which are already captive, it's more for their current and future share holders and investors.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User"then we've been still left dangling as to when the heck that is"

Unfortunately it's not the fist time that has happened.

@ukbobboy"it's more for their current and future share holders and investors"

My thoughts entirely. It's money first and customer second, but then that's the same with everyone else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The sceptic in me is begining to think the so called 'HD Boost' has been a bit of a wind up!?! I'm unaware of anyone else being offered it. Hardly likely they've developed a Boost for only ONE customer 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Maybe it is only being offered in very 'limited numbers' as somewhat of a testing phase and we just haven't heard of many people with the offer??????  Lets keep our fingers crossed that is what is happening and it will go wider..... one day!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Makes you wonder why the rest of us bothered applying to be on those tests 🤔

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in NOW TV BOOST, some of our new features and functionality which includes streaming in 1080p. We recently made it available to a select group of our customers with NOW TV devices to make sure we were ready for a full launch. We don’t think it’s quite ready yet, so we’re going to turn it off to make some further improvements. 

If you have been charged, we will be refunding you and you should receive the money back into your bank account within 5 days. We will be in touch as soon as BOOST is ready to go live across a range of devices later this year. Thank you for your support for NOW TV.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This whole NowTV/BT debacle gets more bizarre by the day. It's turning into amateur hour now. As if 18 months hasn't been enough time to sort out what aren't major issues for anyone that knows what they're doing. If it were me I would feel ashamed to have been the one rolled out to make the above statement 😔

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a joke, NOWTV has to be the worst streaming service out there. Sky once we the pioneers of HD. Now so far behind. Shocking to see Amazon and Netflix have no issues with 1080p. Even BT sports has perfect hd for sports. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Got a link from a website that I've been keeping an eye on for a while...... it's good for various TV related stuff and they've just done a bit on Now TV Full HD...... nothing particularly new in the story, but it's an interesting website if you've never heard of it before:

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/08/now-tv-pauses-hd-boost-trials.html