cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Now TV Support HD?

Hello - 

I am looking to purchase both Now TV with their Entertainment pass and their Now TV broadband.

But I can't find any information around whether HD is supported or not?

I'll be watching Now TV via my Apple TV or I may buy the Now TV box. 

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in NOW TV BOOST, some of our new features and functionality which includes streaming in 1080p. We recently made it available to a select group of our customers with NOW TV devices to make sure we were ready for a full launch. We don’t think it’s quite ready yet, so we’re going to turn it off to make some further improvements. 

If you have been charged, we will be refunding you and you should receive the money back into your bank account within 5 days. We will be in touch as soon as BOOST is ready to go live across a range of devices later this year. Thank you for your support for NOW TV.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

That is exactly what I thought, it better not be their way of already changing it from end of 2019 to early 2020!

Considering this was meant to be in place near the start of the year and now middle of the year is a bit of a joke. 

Several times I have considered cancelling my passes but have decided against it as all the changes we were effectively promised. What is worse is that we are no doubt close to getting them but with no date is just very annoying. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I think the joke is beginning to wear a bit thin. Maybe it's time certain companies, and I include BT, their new partner in crime, stopped making these announcements and only make us aware of the details of proposed changes once they are ready to be rolled out. Surely that would be much better than imaginery deadlines and false hope.

I know it's possibly only supposition but the word among those usually with an insight into what goes on behind the scenes is that the NowTV product to be rolled out onto BTTV is proving troublesome to implement with others saying Sky attempted to pass off a sub standard product onto BT. Goodness knows what the truth is but it's fairly obvious looking on this forum and others there are a lot of people growing very frustrated with delay after delay in both camps.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It does make you think what it is they are actually having issues with that is preventing them from launching the full whack onto BT TV. 

Perhaps it is the Red Button games? Whereas that is hopefully rolled out across all platforms?

Surely it cannot be as simple as 1080p and 50fps!

It could also be allowing 2 additional streams that is causing the issue, as I recall the survey last year indicated this as well as catch up for Sports (finally).

One thing I do wonder is that Sky plan on bringing profiles to their Sky Q, maybe they are trying to get this added to Now TV? This would be an ideal new feature, considering it is not just me that uses the account. 

Like you said, there is no point in saying we plan on bringing features x, y and z to the product by ..... if they are unable to hit that target. What should be done is what you mentioned, only state the new features when it is ready to launch after being tested and that includes customer trials!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 wrote:

@Anonymous User 

Surely it cannot be as simple as 1080p and 50fps!

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Lets just imagine the meeting the BT and Sky/NowTV folks might have had........ Sky went first "here's our 720p & 25fps offering, stick that on your Youview Boxes"...... BT, "shall we work on this and meet again in six months".  Probably didn't quite happen like that, but you never know!!!!!

Couldn't agree more, do all the tech stuff quietly in the background and then keep the gap between announcement and implementation to a minimum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I did read elsewhere, I think it was on Digitalspy, where 720p/25fps was indeed the issue but again that may only be hearsay. If it is the case they have been treating the BT platform and those potential customers with disdain.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

No doubt Sky it try to pan off the existing Now TV service to BT and rightly so BT were having none of it. 

Why should BT allow that service to be added since they are allowing the BT Sport app to joining Now TV devices which as standard is 1080p and 50fps.

Ideally Sky would be able to sell BT Sports through Now TV as well as Sky TV, however nothing confirmed there to suggest that could happen. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is 1080p streams on now TVs due launch for live and catch up. There been some rom ours on forums I have been reading that red button service and catch up will be launch on sports pass soon. For now it's playing a waiting game.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No disrespect @Anonymous User but you keep asking the same questions over and over. The answer will always be the same. Until an announcement is made the simple answer is 'nobody knows'.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

I'd have to agree with @Anonymous User as much as we like to discuss the possible changes to Now TV that are hopefully coming in the near future, all you seem to do is ask the same question every few weeks. 

All that we do is discuss on speculation and also hope. Until there is an official announcement by either BT/Sky/Now TV none of us are aware of any dates for any changes whatever they will be. 

What has been announced is that Now TV will be getting 1080p this year, what we don't know is the date and what other changes they will be implementing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

We all share in the frustrations of not knowing how long we have to wait for the new improvements and new functionality to go live. We're all in the same boat. It's like being a kid and waiting for Christmas Day for that new shiny toy you wanted, except of course we knew what date Christmas Day was, we don't know what date Sky/BT/NowTV are going to share their presents with us. That's why I suggested in another post that maybe the big tech companies shouldn't announce anything until they have completed product testing etc and can give a definitive date for enhancements etc to be presented to the public. That way we don't get frustrated waiting, nor do we start to get a bit tetchy with those same companies for seemingly going backwards instead of forwards.