cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Now TV Support HD?

Hello - 

I am looking to purchase both Now TV with their Entertainment pass and their Now TV broadband.

But I can't find any information around whether HD is supported or not?

I'll be watching Now TV via my Apple TV or I may buy the Now TV box. 

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in NOW TV BOOST, some of our new features and functionality which includes streaming in 1080p. We recently made it available to a select group of our customers with NOW TV devices to make sure we were ready for a full launch. We don’t think it’s quite ready yet, so we’re going to turn it off to make some further improvements. 

If you have been charged, we will be refunding you and you should receive the money back into your bank account within 5 days. We will be in touch as soon as BOOST is ready to go live across a range of devices later this year. Thank you for your support for NOW TV.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

50fps would still be a must for me as upping the resolution to 1080p is only half the battle. I can't quibble over the current picture quality, except of course on sports coverage, but I'm on record as saying I'd be willing to forgo full HD to get 50fps. Of course, 1080p/50fps would be the icing on the cake and the cherry on top 😀

When full HD was first mooted I think the idea was that your 'Full HD' sub would be one price (£3?) across each of your passes, so one HD sub covers all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

I basically run constant £10 for 2 Months Entertainment Vouchers on my account for my entertainment viewing pleasure, so £5 a month and now a £3 add-on....... £8 a month for Full HD is not bad, but I always like a saving, so I'll just need to hunt round the supermarkets for those offers on 2 month vouchers!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't wish to dampen the mood but another thread has been started https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Technical-faults-Anyone-else-having-trouble-buying-passe... which reports access to the My Passes page has been playing up for the past 3 days. Could we be putting 2+2 together and getting 5?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Hmmm that I didn’t notice, although with what has already been found by @Anonymous User  i am going to remain positive and hope that they are attempting to roll it out, hence why a lot of the time you can’t access the Passes & Vouchers page.

Either way I’m on a year deal for Movies and Entertainment thanks to Black Friday, so to get full 1080p added for £3 a month I’ll take it! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008I'm with you on keeping a positive outlook this afternoon 😀

Haven't been this excited since the football season ended, what does that not say about my life 🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hopefully Full HD 1080p is about to launch just in time for the new football season. £3 a month is cheap for Full HD. Fingers cross.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

More importantly let's HOPE for 50fps to make the sport acceptable to all. Football at 1080p/25fps just isn't going to cut it I'm afraid 😔

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

I've just managed to get onto my Passes page and took out a 7 day trial of Entertainment. I have not been offered a HD Boost!

What I have managed to do however is get the Pass for £3.20 a month for 3 months as I immediately cancelled the trial. Result!!!! 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I haven’t seen a now tv boast pass as yet for full HD but apparently there are doing updates today but I do not know what. It might be software update or it might be for the now tv boast pass.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hopefully the Boost Pass will be available to everyone very soon