cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Now TV Support HD?

Hello - 

I am looking to purchase both Now TV with their Entertainment pass and their Now TV broadband.

But I can't find any information around whether HD is supported or not?

I'll be watching Now TV via my Apple TV or I may buy the Now TV box. 

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in NOW TV BOOST, some of our new features and functionality which includes streaming in 1080p. We recently made it available to a select group of our customers with NOW TV devices to make sure we were ready for a full launch. We don’t think it’s quite ready yet, so we’re going to turn it off to make some further improvements. 

If you have been charged, we will be refunding you and you should receive the money back into your bank account within 5 days. We will be in touch as soon as BOOST is ready to go live across a range of devices later this year. Thank you for your support for NOW TV.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have just got off with the chat. It is something that is being worked on, which we knew about and is still being developed. That could explain the picture quality?

It is an auto generated process, so you’ve just got lucky to have that pass. Even if your saying it’s not 1080p when watching. 

Apparently it is coming soon to all users.......soon could be 2 hours/2 days/2 months/2 years!

Better to know it’s almost released than not at all.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User @schnapps 

I'm intrigued!!! Certainly something we all knew was being worked on. Going by the option available to at least some people here's hoping we're finally beginning to see progress being made with 1080p streaming 😀

EDIT

I just went onto the My Passes & Vouchers page but I'm getting a red banner displaying

We're having trouble displaying your Passes. Please wait a moment and try again.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your edit re My Passes & Vouchers page is very interesting on what was discussed on the online chat. I was informed that my feedback would be sent over and my account would be updated soon with the Boost Pass as an option to purchase.

Perhaps a full launch is sooner than we thought? 

Again saying soon is like being asked how long is a piece of string!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Literally just got the same error message on my passes page also. 

Seems very coincidental considering the online chat I had.

Each time I open up the Passes & Vouchers page it takes ages before displaying the error. Very interesting to say the least!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I'm getting a warm tingle this morning

big-laugh-smiley.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Certainly very interesting to see that we are starting to get some movement on this 1080p thing...... and a £3 a month charge will not be too bad and worth some serious consideration once the option does go wider through the customer base.

@Anonymous User   I did the same as you, went and checked my Passes...... it was working, but I wasn't getting any option to boost picture quality, yet!!

Again, an interesting update, lets just hope it does go wider soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User£3 a month for Full HD would be a sweet deal and absolutely worth considering. Fingers crossed this appears soon.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Only once I have managed to see my Passes & Vouchers page which isn’t give me a Boost Pass option, although I have tried probably at least 10 times and apart from that once every time I get the error and red banner.

Very difficult not to get excited on the prospect of the 1080p and surround sound finally coming, let’s hope it’s 50fps on the 1080p as well!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 wrote:

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Only once I have managed to see my Passes & Vouchers page which isn’t give me a Boost Pass option, although I have tried probably at least 10 times and apart from that once every time I get the error and red banner.

Very difficult not to get excited on the prospect of the 1080p and surround sound finally coming, let’s hope it’s 50fps on the 1080p as well!

@gavs82008 

50fps would be the icing on the cake.......... if that doesn't come, then Sport will still be a no-no for me, but at least my Entertainment will look better!!!!!!!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

BT sport supply their channels as standard 1080p and 50fps via the big screen app on my Samsung.

I would be shocked if Now TV didn’t follow suit. Like everyone complains about the sports on Now TV it’s down to poor frame rate. Whereas I only pay £10 a month thanks to my EE Max Plan and I get 1080p and 50fps at no extra cost. Absolute steal as far as I’m concerned.