cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Now TV Support HD?

Hello - 

I am looking to purchase both Now TV with their Entertainment pass and their Now TV broadband.

But I can't find any information around whether HD is supported or not?

I'll be watching Now TV via my Apple TV or I may buy the Now TV box. 

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in NOW TV BOOST, some of our new features and functionality which includes streaming in 1080p. We recently made it available to a select group of our customers with NOW TV devices to make sure we were ready for a full launch. We don’t think it’s quite ready yet, so we’re going to turn it off to make some further improvements. 

If you have been charged, we will be refunding you and you should receive the money back into your bank account within 5 days. We will be in touch as soon as BOOST is ready to go live across a range of devices later this year. Thank you for your support for NOW TV.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The maximum streaming quality on NowTV is currently set at 720p.

There is rumours that NowTV  might be bumping up the PQ to 1080p but there is no official line yet from NowTV when or if this will happen.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting 1080P on my NowTV stick - I was offered a Now TV Boost when I renewed my pass, which says it is full HD...

sTeVE

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All Now TV devices are capable of 1080p for Netflix and other apps. However Now TV passes are merely 720p 25fps.

Can you explain what you meant by boost? 

I have the Entertainment and Movies passes that I got in last years Black Friday sale for 12 months, not willing to test this renewal theory as much as I want to believe you.

Given Now TV is owned by Sky they’d be eager to get as many subscribers with this boost as possible so there would be an option in your passes section.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv.png

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for that.

Now I’m officially annoyed that it’s not just an add on option in your passes. 

Were you on any Cinema or Entertainment deals when you did this?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
nickmorc
Expert 2

Just renewed my pass and didnt offer any type of HD Boost ????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope - just been away from the service for a while and decided to get a pass for the summer hols - was offered a free trial of Entertainment and then below that the boost appeared so I took it - no idea how or why.

Played some material and the PQ is definitely not 720P...

sTeVE

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remember despite being at Apple TV user for moist of my NowTV consumption - I am using a NowTV Stick at the moment (the UI, Watchlist and ability to pause live streams has made me switch platforms) - so this is seen on a NowTV Stick, not Apple TV.

sTeVE