cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Did I just get an advert...

On the Samsung app?! First one I've had forced upon me so let's just nip this in the bud, we all make mistakes, but NO we are not going to do this are we Now tv?

We do not pay a subscription fee for adverts/trailers 😞

19 REPLIES 19
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Interesting, I would have assumed they would be the same frequency on Roku as on NOW TV branded boxes given they use the same NOW TV app ... maybe you're just not watching the right shows! You need to watch more trashy TV like Lindzi and me! 😉 Those high-brow political documentaries you watch just don't cut it with the advertiser demographics ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User Interesting, I would have assumed they would be the same frequency on Roku as on NOW TV branded boxes given they use the same NOW TV app ... maybe you're just not watching the right shows! You need to watch more trashy TV like Lindzi and me! 😉 Those high-brow political documentaries you watch just don't cut it with the advertiser demographics ...

I would have thought that too but I find the whole process rather random. I asked two friends to test out an episode of S.W.A.T. earlier, one with the same Roku product as myself (Stick+), and the other with a NowTV Smart Box. The guy with the smart box had no advert, nor did I, but my other friend with the Roku did have an advert. 

I suppose I better be off and buy a new anorak now I've been rumbled (Those high-brow political documentaries you watchSmiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nice little experiment! Could maybe be a possible strategy for us avoidists to use - call up all our friends and get them to watch all the ads, once the quota for the hour is used up we can enjoy all our viewing ad-free ... it might just work! 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Make a cuppa while you wait just like the good old days of avoiding ad breaks on ITV Smiley LOL

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Would be interesting to see if anybody else starts seeing ads on other devices. I've no doubt it's something they want to implement - it's probably been easiest for them to implement on NOW TV boxes/Rokus as a start but they won't it just restricted to their branded devices. 

*sigh*

Have you noticed football ads on entertainment content? That annoys me, at the very least they should keep to 'same type pass' ads. 

@Andy yes sometimes it’s a sport promo, but mostly ent promos

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

No I have not seen any sport ads but that would tip me over the edge!! I mean I know I shouldn't be this annoyed, there are worse problems to have, but I just can't help it Smiley Embarassed

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

@Andy

No I have not seen any sport ads but that would tip me over the edge!! I mean I know I shouldn't be this annoyed, there are worse problems to have, but I just can't help it Smiley Embarassed

@Lindzi Don't apologise, I'm with you on this one - sort pre-show ads first, then tackle world peace and self-ironing clothes...

In the meantime here's some cute kittens to lower the blood pressure ...cat.gif

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

Yes emergency kittens!!! Thank you Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi Well that doesn't sound good - rolling out to other devices? I've also stopped using NOW TV's own devices and so haven't seen an ad for a while ... but maybe that's about to change. Perhaps we should enquire if we can be opted-out of NOW TV ads on the grounds the flashy loud intros cause an epileptic fit? Shall we ask for a doctor's note? .......

They've started to pop up on Roku devices although they are still much of a rarity as yet.