cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Did I just get an advert...

On the Samsung app?! First one I've had forced upon me so let's just nip this in the bud, we all make mistakes, but NO we are not going to do this are we Now tv?

We do not pay a subscription fee for adverts/trailers 😞

19 REPLIES 19

Sounds like they probably ARE! Smiley Wink

They were supposed to be skippable but nobody ever seemed to be able to do that...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Pre-episode-advert-trailer/m-p/393104

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi wrote:

On the Samsung app?! First one I've had forced upon me so let's just nip this in the bud, we all make mistakes, but NO we are not going to do this are we Now tv?

We do not pay a subscription fee for adverts/trailers 😞

It's all a bit random but YES NowTV do throw in an advert now and again before your stream starts.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @dr_necessitor

so annoying! I abandoned the black box because of the trailers.. just can't bear them! Very loud, brash and they couldn't even give us a skip button as a compromise. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am unamused to say the least. Watching sky witness at moment and getting 2 adverts at breaks in every episode. We pay a subscription so as NOT to have this.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you have Boost? 
Is it NOW promotional adverts or third party adverts?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Well that doesn't sound good - rolling out to other devices? I've also stopped using NOW TV's own devices and so haven't seen an ad for a while ... but maybe that's about to change. Perhaps we should enquire if we can be opted-out of NOW TV ads on the grounds the flashy loud intros cause an epileptic fit? Shall we ask for a doctor's note? .......

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi Well that doesn't sound good - rolling out to other devices? I've also stopped using NOW TV's own devices and so haven't seen an ad for a while ... but maybe that's about to change. Perhaps we should enquire if we can be opted-out of NOW TV ads on the grounds the flashy loud intros cause an epileptic fit? Shall we ask for a doctor's note? .......

@Andy

It made me jump when it popped up before an episode of House (sooo loud!).....I am now always selecting watch next, even if I am not going to watch the episode. I am hoping that it was a mistake but that's not likely is it.

If they just let us skip them I would accept that as a good compromise. They can email customers new programmes/box sets to watch so why invade our living rooms with flashing lights and a million decibel adverts.

If a doctor's note would excuse us then I am all for getting one Smiley Happy

@Andy @Lindzi

Have always had a pre-episode advert when watching most Entertainment On Demand content on Roku (real Roku, not NOW TV badged Roku) devices for a long time now!

So presumably it’s coming soon to a tv near you...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

@Andy @Lindzi

Have always had a pre-episode advert when watching most Entertainment On Demand content on Roku (real Roku, not NOW TV badged Roku) devices for a long time now!

So presumably it’s coming soon to a tv near you...

I very rarely get the adverts on a Roku Streaming Stick+ but they do pop up once in a while.