cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devices

Hi folks,

We're part-way through a three-month Sports package membership, but have just switched from BT to Talk Talk as our television provider. I have tried several times to log in (the App appears) and it accepts my log in details but then won't accept the 'Captcha' additional security answers - even when I have very evidently answered correctly.

I haven't been able to get anywhere through the chat function but I did find out that the issue could be our new set-top box: it appears to be one of the older models (Huawei DN360T). It seems it is not supported, though I wouldn't expect to get as far as entering log-in details in that case. Just me?

Has anyone else had this issue and were you able to resolve it? Perhaps request a more up-to-date device from Talk Talk?

Many thanks,

Steph.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You need to get in touch with Talk Talk about a newer replacement box (see this screen shot below).

Also maybe pop over to the Talk Talk forum to double check this model number is now not supported with regards to the NOW App, where i can only find the Talk Talk DN370T box from this list https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Screenshot_2021-12-14-14-30-18.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You need to get in touch with Talk Talk about a newer replacement box (see this screen shot below).

Also maybe pop over to the Talk Talk forum to double check this model number is now not supported with regards to the NOW App, where i can only find the Talk Talk DN370T box from this list https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Screenshot_2021-12-14-14-30-18.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was your NOW Sports Membership directly with BT TV or purchased directly from NOW ?

If it was with BT TV and you swapped provider then i am not sure you can transfer the Sports Membership across.

Should you purchased the NOW Membership directly from NOW, then see if Talk Talk can give you some advice about the Box model number is supported or not when it comes to watching NOW on the App.

Also does your Sports Membership work on other NOW playback devices ?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

The DN360T is still a current TalkTalk box, last updated 17th November. And it’s the one that TalkTalk now give out to new customers, and the only one they supply. But it is merely a ‘zapper’ box with no recording capabilities.

However, I would expect the Now app on it to work, and I would expect it to accept an existing Now Sports membership, but only, as you say @schnapps, if this was bought directly from Now.

I have no idea of the arcana behind unpicking a Sports membership bought from BT, but it might be that BT would refund the unused portion, and you will need to buy a new one from Now, or from TalkTalk if they do that sort of thing.

Either way, it’s TalkTalk’s job to know, and it’s TalkTalk’s job to support you on the box they provided, so give them a call, and see what they say,

Call
0345 172 0088

Lines open
Mon - Sun: 8am - 8pm

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - both helpful answers.

We bought the three-month membership direct from Now when BT was our television provider. So we need to check whether it is transferrable (it still has a couple of months to run), and whether we need to (and can) upgrade the box.

Thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you purchased the NOW Sports Membership directly from NOW, then the Membership should work on all supported NOW playback devices.

Can you try the Sports Membership on another device rather than your Talk Talk Youview box ?

i am not familiar with your Talk Talk box model number, but if the box is supported like @RoyB mentioned and when entering your NOW account login details under the NOW App, My Account tile box section and it doesn't accept your NOW account login details (not BT TV account login details) then maybe try a soft reboot or factory reset on the Talk Talk box.

Because you purchased the NOW Sports Membership directly from NOW, maybe contact NOW live chat if this box is definitely a NOW supported playback device.