cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devices

Whos silly idea was it to change the devices menu so you can no longer delete a device or change the name of a device. It makes it very confusing because if you had 6 LG TVs you have no way to tell which ones which.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

(Written 05/12/2021, but stuck Pending since then, until now)

@redchiz1 

The point is, I found you rather dismissive of @Anonymous User ‘s concerns, which I share.

And I am pleased to say that Now seem to share them also, and took the suggestion that these issue be remedied on board, so I hope that @Anonymous User will be heartened by this, and not disheartened by your response here.

All I have to say on this, really.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Sure. Why even have a Devices page at all? We can’t do anything on it, we can’t properly figure out what it’s showing us, our devices will go their own sweet way whatever?

Would you support not showing it at all?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the information @RoyB that was very helpful hopefully Now will change the settings.

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

OK:-

One of the ways you used to be able to detect unauthorised use was by looking at your device list and finding the cuckoo in the nest.

This is much harder now you can no longer differentiate your own devices.

And once you have expelled the cuckoo, you very understandably might want to expel the device entry also; but you can’t, you have to wait for it to roll off. Assuming that you have, or can fake, six devices of your own in the first place.

So unauthorised use, in the context of your device list, is very far from a completely different issue.