cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devices

Whos silly idea was it to change the devices menu so you can no longer delete a device or change the name of a device. It makes it very confusing because if you had 6 LG TVs you have no way to tell which ones which.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

(Written 05/12/2021, but stuck Pending since then, until now)

@redchiz1 

The point is, I found you rather dismissive of @Anonymous User ‘s concerns, which I share.

And I am pleased to say that Now seem to share them also, and took the suggestion that these issue be remedied on board, so I hope that @Anonymous User will be heartened by this, and not disheartened by your response here.

All I have to say on this, really.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
redchiz1
Champion 2

In what context does it really matter? 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

I am very firmly with @Anonymous User on this, and have already raised it within Now.

It’s my list, and I want the ability to manage it as I see fit.

So in any context I have, for a start.

In the context of unauthorised device use, for another.

In the context that Now TV, as it then was, saw fit to let us control our device names, so they must have seen some merit in it, merit which is not negated by the new dynamic device list management.

Need I go on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB Please do. Perhaps I should have asked "why does it matter?"

And unauthorised device use is a completely different issue regardless. 

RoyB
Legend

(Duplicate deleted)

redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB In your area of concern can you not hazard a view based on the timestamp a device was last used? But if you have not seen another suitable topic I suggest you start your own then rather than hijacking this one, which is not about that at all. 

Otherwise, perhaps you could stick to the point? 

RoyB
Legend

(Written 05/12/2021, but stuck Pending since then, until now)

@redchiz1 

The point is, I found you rather dismissive of @Anonymous User ‘s concerns, which I share.

And I am pleased to say that Now seem to share them also, and took the suggestion that these issue be remedied on board, so I hope that @Anonymous User will be heartened by this, and not disheartened by your response here.

All I have to say on this, really.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB I wasn't being dismissive at all, just a simple question which I then clarified. So you too have 6 LG TVs connected and are concerned that you cannot tell them apart in My Devices? 😉

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Not exactly that, but going on that way, as we only have three LG TVs, but a plethora of Rokus, six in all.

Can you tell me which of my devices is which? (I only have one Mac, so nul points for that).

454E839B-C387-4AB0-8C01-FBDCE7756AF1.png

redchiz1
Champion 2

Hi @RoyB well, of course I can't. But I go back to my question: why does it matter? I await a persuasive explanation. Of course if it is simply something that you and others would like to see then that's fine.