cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device stick

Hi guys nowt  device stick is saying majority of the time "something's not right go back". I've done a reset but still the same.....help please and my 4 year old is in melt down mode. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Over on NOW Twitter they have confirmed that they are currently having streaming difficulties on various content and across various devices on their TV streaming service.

Somebody on the forum cleared one of the error messages by signing out and back into their playback device (might be worth a shot).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got off a Chat with Customer Services and informed about NOW TV are still trying to fix the following problem:
On three separate devices; NOW TV stick. PC and LG TV, constantly getting error messages for the last 6 days: oops screen there was an error code of
SDK.BUFFERING_LIMIT.BUFFER_EXHAUSTED.MAIN_CONTENT
or
VSF.SDK.LOADING_LIMIT.UNKNOWN_REASON.MAIN_CONTENT
They occur just as the adverts are about to start either at the start of a programme or midway through. It takes between 2 and 5 attempts at restarting a programme to get it to view it.
And the advice was to reset the devices (already done that multiple times) and if still the same I'll just have to wait until an email notification is sent to me to say the problem is fixed.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I’m going to guess that VSF is Video Services Forum, a trade association that developed some of the technology behind streaming video and SDK is their Software Development Kit.

i.e. this is generic third party code that Now employ, so they have to work with the interface to it, and they can’t poke about inside it.

As this error seems only to be happening to users who get adverts, it might well not occur if you have Boost, and maybe if that is the case for you, you should ask Now for a free month of Boost while they get this fixed.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.