Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device soon to be unsupported

Hi,

Wonder if someone can help?

I tend to use Now TV on my Android phone (version 4.1), and cast via chromecast onto a Samsung TV.

I've been getting a pop-up message (which disappears very quickly) saying that 'this' device will become unsupported in early Sept. The problem is that it doesn't say which device!

Is it my phone (doubt that as its a relatively new Samsung Galaxy with the latest updates)? Is it my chromecast? Is it my TV? (I assume not the TV, as if I'm using chromecast surely the TV is largely irrelevant?).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Many thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are casting then it will be the generation 1 Chrome Cast Dongle.

If you are using the native inbuilt NOW App on the Samsung Smart TV (year 2015) it will be the TV NOW App.

Have you checked your email inbox or junk mail for any email correspondence received from NOW about this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah nuts, OK thanks. At least I know what the issue is (my chromecast is probably 1st generation). May have to upgrade! 

I didn't get any emails, but I have a peculiar setup so wouldn't expect any!

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is a bit of information on this link article below on what devices that won't be supported after the 5th of September 2022.

The devices are a generation one Chromecast, a 2015 Samsung Smart TV using the older Tizen OS and a 2014 and 2015 LG Smart TV using the older version of WebOS.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for reply, I think I know the problem now! (Old chromecast)