cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device no longer supported via chromecast / Samsung tv

Hi All,

I watch now tv via the iOS app and cast to a Samsung tv via chromecast. 

Both the Chromecast and the Samsung Tv are about 10 years old. 

now tv are saying that this device is no longer supported via casting or even an old now tv box I have.

I have considered getting a now stick but can I assume that the issue is the tv so it won’t work if I use a now tv, Amazon fire stick either?

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a nosy at this link for supported devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Only 2016 and later Samsungs are supported. It won’t be supported if it’s the Samsung Serif range.

As for the “old box” you’re talking about that sounds like the white box which was discontinued a few years ago. Also the sticks are no longer being made or sold by NOW.

If you get either a Roku stick or Amazon fire stick and plug it into your TV I can assure you it WILL work because they are supported devices.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What @gavs82008 says. Now actually sent me a voucher for an Amazon Firestick to use instead when discontinuing Now on my 2015 Samsung JS9000.

And I have another Firestick keeping the flame of Now alive (see what I did there? 😛) on a 2012 32” Samsung TV we have, on which nearly every smart app has dies, even the BBC iPlayer.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.