cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit falsely said reached limit

Hello

I've got a BT TV box where I access the app. I’ve also got a Roku stick in bedroom. I can’t watch the stick as it says I’ve reached device limit. Ive tried turning on App in Now tv and exiting properly as per guidance and I’ve waited over 10 mins and same problem. Also ensured app on phone fully closed.  Very frustrated. 

Any help appreciated. Ta 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Now have now cut the number of simultaneous streams to one, unless you buy Boost, when you can have three,

There is also an option for BT TV customers to have two streams at once, described on this link:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support

under Managing Your Devices.

BT customers can watch on 2 devices at once (as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order), or 3 if you have NOW Boost. If you're watching on a BT TV Box, to watch on 2 devices at once you'll need to leave the NOW channels and start watching on the NOW app. You can then return and watch NOW on your BT TV Box as well. You can watch live on your BT TV Box, and live or On Demand via the NOW app.

If you're watching on two BT TV Boxes then you can start them in any order.

The only problem I have is that this is incomprehensible to me 😢

Do they mean ‘….leave the NOW channels and start watching on the NOW app [on another device]’?

As there is the NOW app on the BT TV box, but if you started watching that, you couldn’t ‘return to the BT box’ as you would already be on it.

And then as you can only ‘watch live on the BT TV box’, I guess this means the NOW channels on the BT TV box.

It looks like these instructions were written by someone who didn’t fully appreciate that there is the NOW app as well as the NOW channels on these BT TV boxes, and so didn’t explain things clearly enough.

So yes, you can run two devices at once without a Boost, as long as one or both are BT TV boxes, and you start them in the right order, and you accept the limitations if one of them isn’t a BT TV box. I think…..

As to what constitutes a BT TV box, good question. I think it is a YouView box with a valid BT TV subscription running on it, but I am not sure 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.