cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device No Longer Supported!

Been watching NowTV for about 2 years on a 2015 Samsung smart TV. No issues.

Today, NowTV decides it cant be supported on the device.....total bull!!  

I'm not going out spending several hundred pounds on a new TV just for NowTV.....and do they realise theres a pandemic on? Disgraceful to pull this stunt now.

28 REPLIES 28
nst
Elite

@Saint1976 

Totally.

I have to say, im not trying to bait the people who are disgruntled... far from it.

If NowTV intended to 'obsolete' the old white box.. then NONE of the owners of that box should have woken up one day to find it no longer working... they should have been preemptively contacted long before switch off day and presented with options.

That said... putting it back into perspective its a cheap, old, and obsolete piece of kit that costs next to nothing to upgrade and replace.

I could understand if some had 'just' bought it but nobody can have done in years as its been discontinued for a long time now.  Things like that just do not go on working forever.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quite. If NowTV employed someone who thought about customer communication then it really wouldn't be an issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Except the message received wasn't about the stick, it was about the TV.....

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The message you saw is about the device coming through your HDMI source. It just happens that your Now TV box is connected to a Samsung TV. 

Like I said you would still get the "message" if you connect the Now TV box to a PC monitor!

Either way, if your not happy with Now TV, there are multiple ways you can lodge a complaint. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
nst
Elite

Dont try....  hes being deliberately obtuse.

I dont think many people, if any, would have read that message and thought it meant the TV.

You are watching NowTV through a set top box... connected to HDMIx port..... why would you turn on that TV, tune to the NowTV Box.... see that clearly meant "NowTV" message and then think that for some reason that meant that the entire TV would no longer function.....

come on...

Notpicking the semantics of a poorly worded message that couldn't possibly have meant the entire TV would stop working...

Buy a stick... stop whining about 5 year old tech thats obsolete.

Saint1976
Elite 3

There must be the best part of 30 threads about the white box started in the last 2 months. This is the only one where someone thinks that the message related to their TV and not the box so go figure!

Emails were sent out first week of September and my guess is they went to junk folders/email accounts that people rarely check and have since been deleted by the mail box provider.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/new-device-email/td-p/539160

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/White-nowtv-box-to-nowtv-stick/td-p/539027/page/5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I never received any emails from Now tv to tell mfe the white box support will end. Plenty telling me what was on and I check my junk mail. So they should support existing customers not just cut them off or offer a half baked offer upgrade existing equipment for a free stick that's if they have them available currently no stock very poor.  Might just delete this account if that still works. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not complaining about a stick.....I'm complaining why the message told me my TV was no longer operable with NowTV, despite the fact it had been working for the previous 2 years no problem.

NowTV need to employ someone who:

a) understands the messages they publish

b) provides notices of end of life notifications

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also disgusted that my white now TV Box is no longer supported how disgusting of a company to be doing this to their customers I have my own business and would not treat my customers like this absolutely disgusted. what a load of charlatans