cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit Reached

My account currently has 6 registered devices and has done for for more than 6 months. However today when the kids tried to watch something on our main tv they were getting the error telling them the device limit has been reached.

This is also appearing on the other 2 devices I tried.

Also the devices view in my account only shows one device having been used in the last 6 months when I know several others have.

I've signed out and in again but the error persists. All devices are Roku devices. Any ideas other than re-registering? Was hoping to try the Boost pass over the weekend but not much point with no devices working.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I had the same error message: "We're having trouble displaying your devices. Please wait a moment and try again".

In my case it was browser related. I got the message in Brave (Chrome based) but it worked fine in Firefox. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has happened to me today as well.  A Roku I have been using every weekend suddenly gave me the message today that I had reached my device limit, even though it was registered as one of my devices.  I removed a device (but not the Roku) to see what would happen, and the Roku registered itself as a different device, thereby now showing two Rokus registered in my account, even though both entries related to the same physical box.  I got on to Live Chat who deleted the two Roku entries for me and reset the number of changes so I could add the Roku back in again without losing my changes for this month.

Reading these posts, it seems to be a general problem with the NowTV app on Roku devices, so we're all getting screwed on our changes this month as a result (albeit Live Chat can sort that out for you, but still not good that we should have to resort to that).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. Live chat is the way to go. 
they gave me some extra swaps so I could delete the duplicate device it now thinks is a new device and add back the one that should be in that slot. 
it gets itself all mixed up and registers different devices all in the same place and then puts the same one in two different slots. 🤷‍♀️
I got it  sorted. That is the good news. I think it is a Roku thing with now tv. 
hope you all manage to fix your issues. 
Gillian 😊