cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Date or time fault

I have successfully been watching sky sports using a NowTV day or monthly pass. Suddenly it won’t open the programme and shows the following message 

Date And Time

Please ensure your device is set to the current date or time. 

I’ve checked over and over my TV settings and both the date and time are correct. It’s a Cello TV. 

Any ideas? 

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What is the external nowtv playback device connected to your Cello TV ?

Is it a games console, nowtv box or nowtv stick or some other device ?

Check on the playback device under it's settings if it's set to UK region (assuming you are in the UK not Republic of Ireland) with the correct time and date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m using a Three dongle (I live on a narrow boat travelling the UK waterways). I’ll check with Three. 

Thanks for the advice 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you connecting a PC or Laptop to your Cello TV to watch nowtv ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it’s an android tv so no other device in use 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

As far has i am aware NowTV don't officially support Android TV and only support Android on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.

So i am not sure if the NowTV Team on here will be much help when using the App on your Cello TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah! Perhaps I should get a Now TV USB stick to avoid future problems. 

Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Ah! Perhaps I should get a Now TV USB stick to avoid future problems. 

Thats a good idea @Anonymous User

If your device is not listed here https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv We cannot help with any troubleshooting.

I'm sure you can pick up a good deal this Black Friday Smiley Tongue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems to have solved itself - not sure how! I checked the date and clock settings again and they were correct. Turned it off and on again and managed to connect to Sky without the error message. 

Thanks for your help 

sambajohn 

Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hey @Anonymous User

How are you viewing NOW TV? The app isn't available on a Cello TV so are you using a NOW TV box connected to the TV for example.