cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Control Now tv app on Samsung smart tv

I have a Samsung smart tv and have the Now tv app. I have very limited control with the Samsung controller do I need the stick and remote to be able to control the app. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Olddan

I have a fairly new smart Samsung Tv and can confirm all the tv functions work perfectly with the built in app.

the only thing I have found annoying is there is no home button like there is on the box in my kitchen.

the way around this is to use the left direction arrow on the remote, this will just keep going back out of the screen your watching to the previous screen and so on.

when I get to My Tv screen I come out completely 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The nowtv App inbuilt into your Samsung Smart TV should work fully and integrate with your Samsung TV remote controller when using the App.

What sorts of functions are not working with the Samsung remote and has these lack of controls on the remote always been the case since you purchased the TV and used the App ?

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV myself, where i would assume the only advantages of the nowtv smart stick would be pause live TV and voice content search (where you won't be able to use the smart stick remote controller with the Samsung Smart TV inbuilt NowTV App).

Perhaps if you post the model number of your TV and NowTV App version, then maybe somebody who owns the same model line TV will offer you some further help & guidance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll dig up the model number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Olddan

I have a fairly new smart Samsung Tv and can confirm all the tv functions work perfectly with the built in app.

the only thing I have found annoying is there is no home button like there is on the box in my kitchen.

the way around this is to use the left direction arrow on the remote, this will just keep going back out of the screen your watching to the previous screen and so on.

when I get to My Tv screen I come out completely 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks for replying. It does now function not sure if it was the tv or me having a wobble!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Umm I have just got a Samsung smart Tv with Now App and it looks complelety different to the black Box, no home screen, nowehere to sign in, no sign of where to get passes etc.  I assume my username and password are the same as the ones I use on the black box, but still dont see where to sing in

RoyB
Legend

Asked twice and answered

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Now-TV-App-very-different-too-Now-to-TV-Box/m-p/5109...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.