cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pezlar

Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

I also have a very similar problem with the poor picture and would like some advice from Simon at Now Tv. As this is my first month trialling it I would like to resolve this before I commit to using it regularly.

0 Thanks
ned2
Observer

we got same problem, now tv has become really bad this past week, all other devices working nice and fast(like normal), i will be ditching now tv.

0 Thanks
howardfh1
Scholar 2

I have had this problem recently despite having adequate broadband speeds - I have (hopefully) solved it by buying a netgear wifi extender, plugging it in next to the TV and running an ethernet cable directly into the TV from it - and have had a smooth, sharp picture ever since.
I use the NOWtv app on an LG set.
No idea whether that's a permanent solution or I'm just lucky - but for people struggling it's worth a go.
If it IS a solution then NOW should be sending everyone a voucher to buy one if it's necessary to run their service properly.

0 Thanks
El_
Advocate

I found the best thing to do was cancel all three of my nowtv passes and my
current broadband provider and take out a sky contract. Paying £1 a month
more but service is great. Thanks Sky for doing what NowTV couldn’t 🙂 ##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
0 Thanks
AlanJ1
Advocate

Picture quality poor using now TV firestick 

0 Thanks
BGTurner
Mentor

This is no solution.

I have wired connection direct to my TV and constant 40MB.

Netflix and Amazon both stream in 4k without issue. But Now TV can barely go 10 minutes without dropping to an image quality where you cant tell if you are looking at a human face or or a garden shed.

Now TV service is just plain abysmal, how you can charge people mo ey for it is beyond me!!

0 Thanks
Cube
Occasional Poster

Hey there, I had this issue as well and I found that downloading the NOWTV app from the microsoft store completely cleared up my quality dropping issue, AND fixed the sound quality too! Try that 😄

0 Thanks
RDC
Advocate

I have the same issue here, have tried all the troubleshooting on both a now tv box and my samsung tv, connect via wired connection wight an 80mb broadband service but constantly getting drops of stream quality from well over 4000 to just 90 seems the only way to get the quality back up is to stop the stream and reconnect absolutely useless watching live movies as by the time you put your pin in you lost a chuck of the action.  I've now cancelled my movies pass and only have the entertainment pass becuase it was free from McDonnalds when thats finished I will not be a now tv customer anymore (yes Netflix and Amazon (4k streams) work great so I've come to the conclusion that the now tv automatic stream quality system works backwards and as this problem has been affection so many people from the start the only thing now tv do is up the price!

0 Thanks
Joe_max99
Advocate

I'm suffering with this aswell. Flick on a episode of the wire of Got and it's like lego characters. Flick to the Netflix app and its pure HD no buffer, no problem. Definitely not my connection 

0 Thanks
PointlessName
Advocate

I get this on a Roku 1 box. After maybe an hour or so of good streaming the picture decays into an unviewable mess.

It takes about 5 minutes to reboot the thing back to watching: not good on live sports.  It sometimes helps a bit.

I tried installing the Windows Store app, but then I'm into the "clever" (and utterly broken) 'intelligence' that Now TV attempts to do to count the number of simulatenous streams.  The app tells me to stop the other stream.  Stop the Roku, keep trying the app - it still complains.

This is not acceptable when watching live sports, Now.  I don't care if you say "please try later" - that's not the point.  You either need to fix the streaming quality issue or the stream counting issue.  To have both is money grabbing laziness.

(There is NO problem for any other streaming service)

0 Thanks