cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gnasher328
Advocate

Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

Utter drivel, Netflix works fine so stop blaming customers systems and fix the Now TV problem!

0 Thanks
Brian66
Scholar

I've just posted on this, but feel compelled to post some more. I'm watching the Sky sports French GP coverage on an LG OLED 65B8PLA that's 6 months old. I'm watching via NOW TV on an apple TV box. Picture quality is stonking.

I've just installed the NOW TV app on my LG....picture is terrible quality, and every now and again it gets worse and very pixellated. So I made a wired connection between tv and router (apple TV is just wireless), absolutely no change. Apple tv feed remains pin sharp all the time, LG TV app never gets close to the apple tv quality, and pixellates often. It's not the network, it's not the TV. It's got to be the LG TV NOW TV app. Feel free to grill me further if you like :))

0 Thanks
OliverP1981
Mentor

I was using a Roku and hopefully tried my Apple TV but it didn’t help. Checked every other streaming service I had and they all work in high quality. This is definitely Now TV’s issue.

Now TV, stop telling us it’s our connection, it’s not, your service is poor and needs sorting out. I suspect it’s when a lot of people are using your service so you need to test this in a real world scenario.
Jonno963

Hiya.

I'm having the same problem. Most of the time watching football. It's all blurred... a waste of time. Can you suggest any fixes please? 

0 Thanks
bairn71

I watch via my PC and I've been having this problem since getting mobile broadband (10mb/s). When WIRED to my PC I get the issue every 10 seconds or so. But when I use chromecast via my monitor, and cast from my mobile using WIRELESS, it works perfectly. It is NOT a bandwidth issue.

0 Thanks
Clairef37

Don’t think it is a speed issue either as it works perfectly via my Apple TV which is connected to the same Samsung tv, it’s just the Samsung app that is always dropping picture quality. It is fine on the Roku stick too ?

Scott
Advocate

We have a wired connectiom and the picture quality is often worse than terrible.

0 Thanks
Scott
Advocate

Please send me your tips too.

0 Thanks
Marilynb
Advocate

I get same problem but don't get poor quality picture with netflix so must be problem with nowtv

0 Thanks
Marilynb
Advocate

I feel the same no problem with picture quality on netflix so must be nowtv,s problem very bad customer service

0 Thanks