Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

Hi @Bertiep7,

Thanks for posting.

Have a look over this thread for some useful tips form Andy. 

It might be worth monitoring your Internet speed using speedtest.net when you see the quality drop as the picture will adapt depending on your Internet speed.

You can also try these steps to help stabilize the connection to the router that could also be causing an issue. 

0 Thanks
Amy83
Occasional Poster

Any chance this solution can be shared? My internet speeds are approx 28mbps on fibre and our picture quality switches from HD to fuzzy (almost unwatchable) with monotonous regulatory every 5 minutes or so. I've had now tv for 2 years or so and its getting worse. Any bright ideas?
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@Amy83 wrote:
Any chance this solution can be shared? My internet speeds are approx 28mbps on fibre and our picture quality switches from HD to fuzzy (almost unwatchable) with monotonous regulatory every 5 minutes or so. I've had now tv for 2 years or so and its getting worse. Any bright ideas?

Hi @Amy83,

You're probably not going to want to hear this but... A wired ethernet network connection (even one that uses Powerline adaptors) offers a much more stable and reliable video streaming experience.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Amy83
Occasional Poster

Thanks. That isn't possible unfortunately. The router is in another room due to the location of the phone points. I've seen other people suggest this too, but others say it's made no difference. It's really frustrating! Thanks for replying - much appreciated.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@Amy83

If you post your ISP and Router model then hopefully forum members familiar with your Router and ISP can offer some further assistance.

I am guessing you have tried rebooting both your router and nowtv device and also tried changing the router wifi channels to see if there is any improvement ? 

0 Thanks
Amy83
Occasional Poster

Thanks for the tip. It's a hub one router from Plusnet. We have fibre and speeds are good. For what it's worth plusnet say it can't be them 🙂 I have restarted and updated both router and now box. We shall see. Thanks for responding, very much appreciated!
0 Thanks
Katie6
Occasional Poster

Re: Poor quality picture

I'm having the same issues via the Roku stick on an LG Tv but also through the white now to box on a different make of to. Everything has been unplugged, rebooted and installed again and still no luck. The picture quality is so poor that it's not watchable.
0 Thanks
Katie6
Occasional Poster

I'm having this issue both with using the Roku stick via wireless, and also with the white box via wireless. Have reset and reinstalled everything, including my TalkTalk wireless router. The picture is fine for 3/4 seconds then it goes so pixelated that it's impossible to watch. Also buffering every 10 seconds. Very frustrating and I've given up trying to fix it now. If it doesn't improve I'll be cancelling all subscriptions to now tv 😞
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Poor quality picture

@Katie6 wrote:
I'm having the same issues via the Roku stick on an LG Tv but also through the white now to box on a different make of to. Everything has been unplugged, rebooted and installed again and still no luck. The picture quality is so poor that it's not watchable.

Hi @Katie6,

It would appear that you have already posted your issue within the forums dedicated 'Roku' area. This is the forums 'LG (app)' device area...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
ReggieBoy1967
Contributor 1

Hi All,

I really thinking of ditching NOW TV, the picture quality is appalling, blocky and pixelated like some bad 80's video game!

I give up on some programs or films because it often is unwatchable, or ok for a few mins then bad

It's not my broadband connection or speed, because all other ondemand channels like Channel 4, 5, youtube etc are fine with great picture quality...

Now TV really need to sort this issue or I think they will lose a lot of customers...