Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

Hitachi 48" tv, the white NowTV box
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@cooper557 wrote:
Hitachi 48" tv, the white NowTV box

Given that you are using the 'white' NOW TV box means that you are connecting to the internet via WiFi.

Personally, I'm not a fan of WiFi, so I'm unable to offer any help!

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @cooper557

I'm as confused as @SeeMoreDigital with relation to subtitles as this is not a service we have at the moment on NOW TV.

With regards to your picture quality, most likely reason would be the speed of your Internet connection.

How far away is your NOW TV Box from your router ?

Any other cordless/wireless devices near the router or NOW TV Box that could create interface ?

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Steveh2
Advocate

Two weekends in a row now picture starts fine then pixelated back to normal and then unwatchable. WiFi connection is excellent and all connected devices are fine. What's going on. I have the white box.

Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Steveh2

The most common reason that your picture would deteriorate is due to the Internet speed.

Can you try a reset of your router and your NOW TV Box to see if this makes any difference ?

Also if you are with BT for your Internet service could you disable Smart SetUp from within your router settings as this has an impact on some devices.

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Steveh2
Advocate

Yes done all of this. Picture was OK until about a month ago.

Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Is there any improvement @Steveh2 ?

0 Thanks
smith_t
Scholar

I have the same problem, only been happening for the past month. poor picture quality going pixelated and constant buffering. Like I say only recently no problems before and now its unwatchable 😞

Highlighted
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @smith_t

Have you tried the steps in my post above ?

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Bertiep7
Advocate

Hi I'm having the same problem with picture quality drops in and out then pixelates . Did not have this problem when plus net was my provider problem started when moved house and provider was BT does any one else have this problem as i am really hacked off ...
0 Thanks