cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constantly dropping picture quality

Hi everyone,

My problem is the picture quality keeps dropping to insanely pixelated then goes back up to HD for a bit and drops again, making the watching of anything absolutely unenjoybable. I have a 1080p HD TV and decent wifi connection. Any ideas if there is a setting similar to YouTube where the picture quality changes when the Internet slows down and whether it can be turned off?

Thanks in advance for any help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Like most providers, NOW TV uses adaptive bitrates, this can't be overidden and aims to give you the best quality picture your connection can support.  If you're experiencing fluctuations in quality, a wired connection to your box is always preferable to wireless. 

View solution in original post

157 REPLIES 157
PaulW1
Mentor

I thought the same - its not!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I have this same issue and my TV is connected directly via ethernet. Any further help suggestions?

Popeye13
Scholar 2

Noticed that myself too earlier when trying to watch the Bellew fight.

My connection is one of the fastest fibre connections available. Yet im having issues with streaming on NowTV but i have no problems streaming BBC iPlayer live channels, which are also 720p and Netflix which is 1080p.

But NowTV drops in rates and sometimes cuts off entirely. And i can tell you why: Its nothing to do with poor connection, it has everything to do with the poor server capacity Sky has and something they still haven't increased! 

Oh and i hardwire my box to my router, makes no difference! 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Popeye13,

Thanks for posting.

There's some troubleshooting I'd like you to try, as this is a suggestion for your individual issue I'll be sending this to you via email.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Popeye13
Scholar 2

@Simon-J wrote:

Hi @Popeye13,

Thanks for posting.

There's some troubleshooting I'd like you to try, as this is a suggestion for your individual issue I'll be sending this to you via email.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Okay, send away and many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have a very similar problem with the poor picture and would like some advice from Simon at Now Tv. As this is my first month trialling it I would like to resolve this before I commit to using it regularly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture quality poor using now TV firestick 

Popeye13
Scholar 2

Hi.

I did as the email suggested. The options available was already set on 'automatic'. I did reselect that and option and closed the window.

@Simon-J wrote:

Hi @Popeye13,

Thanks for posting.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

having the same problems, doesn't matter how long I let buffer the picture quality switches between HD and fuzzy. 

UncleZen
Scholar 2

Yet another  annoyed customer to add to this thread.

I only watch the F1 using a sky sports day pass via the small black roku nowTV box, but Sundays French GP was almost unwatchable, mostly blocky then hd, then blocky. Exaclty the same as others have described.

Its obvious to me that NowTV have a service issues or a technical issue with their platform, that they need to cough up to.

My internet speed is just fine by the way so they cant use that as an excuse.