cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constant Error messages on LG TV

Anyone know what this is all about. Every 20 minutes or so watching Sky Sports, it crashes out just with a generic "Error" message, sometimes having to turn the tv off and on and missing up to ten minutes of "action" every time. As usual pay a high premium for a so called premium service (Sky Sports) and get a 3rd rate service.

TV has plenty of space free, have cleared data/caches (now tv is the only added app) and it is connected via short ethernet cable to top tier Virgin Media broadband. It is the latest version available. I can watch 4K on demand from various sources as long as I like without problems so it is just the NOW tv app and I don't even have the HD 'boost' nonsense. No other devices using broadband at the time.

Any solutions or do I just give up on Now tv and Sky Sports altogether as I am so very tempted to do.

• LG
4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User while not ideal, have you factory reset the TV? There were quite a few reports of issues with lg TV's several months ago and that did the trick for 90% of the people reporting them.

It will mean signing into all your accounts again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but I have to intention of taking the time and inconvenience of 'trying' a factory reset. I have my tv setup as I want it. If it is a known problem going back several months then that is disgusting and NOW tv need to accept responsibility and fix it and should stop taking money off people for a service they cannot provide. They won't be getting another penny from me until they do exactly that.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I didn't say it was a known problem. I said there were quite a few reports of problems. As you'll see from the linked thread, many people solved their issues by doing a factory reset. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Now-TV-app-on-LG-TV-Sorry-there-was-an-error-in-the-player/td-p/525451

I can't make you do a factory reset but if it was my TV then I'd try anything to get it working, which incidentally my LG TV is as I'm using it to watch Man Utd v Southampton. That would indicate it's not a general problem with the app that NowTv need to fix! As for taking money off you, you can cancel any time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing to cancel, it expired. I take it Now tv don't post here, or provide support with long standing known faults (as the link demonstrates) or attempt to retain customers. Never mind then, I'll move on. Factory resetting a tv isn't an acceptable solution to a faulty app and clearly there is no guarantee it will work or go wrong again any time soon. At the very least instead of giving "Error" every few minutes,  there should be a message informing customer that they need to "factory reset their tv", if they are for some reason not capable of fixing the faults or this "work-around" should be clearly documented in NOW tv terms and conditions.