cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Concurrency stream error

I’ve tried to watch nowtv on my YouView box only to be told I have reached my maximum number of streams. Looking at my device list then I haven’t used any of the others for at least 2 months and all are turned off. How can I find out which devices nowtv think is active right now ?

12 REPLIES 12
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you a subscriber to Now via BT TV, and trying to use two streams?

Or someone who has just come off using Now on another device, as it will take a little time for the switchover to work?

Or someone with an LG TV such that you have a duplicate entry in the device list?

Or none of the above, and just a YouView box owner simply trying to use only one stream?

If the latter, the only thing I can think of is to use those devices one by one, and whichever one doesn’t update your Devices list is the one that’s been on all the time.

Or failing that, get on to Live Chat and ask them.

I can see a new issue arising from this sort of situation, where Now think you are using more devices than you really are; this might go more unnoticed when you could be ‘watching’ on two or three devices at once, but when you only have one, it will be a job-stopper.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I’m a nowtv direct subscriber. My devices are 2 * fire sticks, 2 * youview, an iPhone and an iPad. I’ve switched off/reset the iPad, the iPhone, one of the fire stick (the other is in a drawer in my caravan) and my second youview box yet still if I try to use the iPad then I get the concurrency issue ☹️

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same issue. I don't know who designed nowtv but in this day and age, now tv app cant tell which devices it considers to have multiple streams. I can confirm that all other devices are closed. Absolute nightmare, this piece of junk. I really wish Amazon TV or some other credible player would pick up cricket and not this junk company/software.     

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been on to live chat and I’ve obviously missed the fact that nowtv have reduced the number of concurrent devices from two to one, unless you pay an extra fiver a month for boost. So essentially they modified the terms of my contract without telling me. I’ve raised a complaint but I doubt I’ll get anywhere. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

This change has been announced well in advance, but I don’t think they emailed everyone.

If you want to suggest breach of contract, you will have to find where in the T&Cs it promises you two streams.

Maybe they should have given everyone a free month’s trial of boost, which would have covered things until the next renewal date after the 15th July (or was it the 9th? 😛)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 days in a row with support.

If I watch Now on one device - switch it off and go to another device - it does not work - Now systems do not recognise I have stopped streaming on the first device.

Support suggested I logout of the first device and log in each time on each device. On a SmartTV this takes a few minutes to type in the email and password using a remote control. 

Even this is not reliable as sometimes this does not work and Support suggested rebooting my router (10 minutes) and / or contacting them (15 minutes).

I bought NowTV passes direct - I only want to watch my passes one stream at a time but on multiple devices around the house. Having to logout / login / reboot routers / contact support each time is not usuable. 

Support even suggested manually controlling devices on the website - until I pointed out this is not possible anymore.

Talking about ruining the Service and Customer Experience.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’m not sure of your intended pronunciation of ‘row’ in your first sentence above 😛

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

But I think there will be a timeout on the first device - maybe 10-20 minutes?

No earthly use if you just want to go into another room and carry on, though.

You could arrange power and an HDMI cable in place on each TV you want to swap between, have your Now on a Roku Premiere and walk about with it…..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

aha - thank  you! this was not clear to me either. On the phone app, it says i can have maximum six devices. It doesn't say that you can only watch one at a time. What a completely utterly useless piece of rubbish this service is. I only rejoined because my husband wanted to watch Succession. The moment he is finished I am discontinuing the service. I'm livid.