cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Clarity on YouView plans.

Good Morning NowTV,

I'm thinking of buying a Humax DTR-T2000 and would like to know when/if ever it will fully support NowTV and not just Movies.

It would be good to learn what future plans NowTV have to adress this issue, as it seems the tech issue have now been resolved?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's unlikely that NOW TV would publish their roadmaps. If it does happen you're most likely to find out on the launch day.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm not sure if this helps, but on the page at the link below is Youview's latest comment regarding full availability of now TV (now TV is of course not fully available on Youview at this time)

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/nowtv-entertainment-and-sport-bundles-will-these-ever-be-on-youview?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][page]=2#topic-reply-list

I've also included a screenshot of the comment. As I can't give you a link which takes you straight to that post as the Youview forum doesn't support that functionality

Youview_statement.gif

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 if you click on the date of the actual post on the Youview forum, it reloads and thus provides a direct link. The Nowtv topic is awfully long, so  here you go for convenience :

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/nowtv-entertainment-and-sport-bundles-will-these-ever-b...

Now it appears the that the long over due technical barrier has been lifted on the Youview platform, coupled with the fact we also have an official statement from Nowtv in their help section of the Youview app stating "...we are working with Youview to bring you the live channles soon", perhaps Nowtv would be kind enough to update us on progress and intentions for Youview? 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6 if you click on the date of the actual post on the Youview forum, it reloads and thus provides a direct link.

@Anonymous User you learn something new everyday. Thanks Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no reply from Nowtv. After 4 years of waiting ( all be it Youviews fault) could we please have an official statement from Nowtv now that the technical barriers to the full service have been removed? Will you be bringing the full Nowtv to Youview? I think eager potential customers deserve to know.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Gareth20000 wrote:
Still no reply from Nowtv. After 4 years of waiting ( all be it Youviews fault) could we please have an official statement from Nowtv now that the technical barriers to the full service have been removed? Will you be bringing the full Nowtv to Youview? I think eager potential customers deserve to know.

Hi @Anonymous User

I think you might be jumping the gun a bit. Youview's comment says that significant progress has been made in developing technologies/removing technical limitations, but it stops short of saying that all the technical limitations preventing the availability of extra channels outside of ISPs has been removed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You may well be right. However to put a statement out like seems very positive from Youview. It's open to interpretation, but "significant" suggests big progress to me. They also go on to qualify the statement by mentioning that there are other factors that may hold up full Nowtv on Youview, costs and licensing. Which seems like a departure from their statements in the past, maybe suggesting that goal posts have now shifted?