cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast

Hi everyone  I have a Question  so I do have a Fiber optic connection  unlimited  data no caps I do have Sky sports monthly  pass with NOW Boost but using Chromecast  Ultra or New chromecast  with Google  TV casting from my iphone 12 pro max the framerates and stream Quality  is always  dropping  not sure what's  going on I do stream alot of 4K content  like Netflix  Hulu  BT Sports never dropped a frame so why 1080p 50FPS stream keeps dropping  Quality and frames?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I won't be much further help sorry.

Hopefully somebody else on the forum will come to your rescue.

I am guessing you have tried removing the power to your Chromecast and Router for a minute or so before rebooting them (even if other Apps are running fine).

You could try NowTV live chat.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know the answer sorry, because i don't use my Chromecast dongles when streaming Video (only use Chromecast for music streaming).

Have you tried deleting the existing NowTV App from your phone and download a fresh version of the NowTV App ?

What i would try, is if you have a spare smartphone or tablet to hand try a different casting devices just to see if the same problem persists.

Because you mentioned Hula, i am guessing you are using some sort of VPN service, maybe try disabling it and test out the 50fps NowTV Playback (assuming you have a NowTV Boost Pass when watching the six Sky Sports channels that offers 50fps which is Main Event, PL, Football, Cricket, Golf and F1).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't use VPN  for Now TV BTSports or Netflix  and I did deleted the app and install it again tried google pixel 4XL and Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus so using 2 others devices to cast but still same issue 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I won't be much further help sorry.

Hopefully somebody else on the forum will come to your rescue.

I am guessing you have tried removing the power to your Chromecast and Router for a minute or so before rebooting them (even if other Apps are running fine).

You could try NowTV live chat.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if anything in this linked thread below helps or not.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Chromecast-dropping-out/td-p/470391/page/2