cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast

I have 3 Chromecast devices on 3 sep tv's - do each count as a device for the 4 device limit ?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  same concept applies.  Cast first then play.  You could even have a 4th device should you so choose.  The Now service allows you to play out to 2 devices at the same time.  Hence why I mentioned using 2 devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If the three Chromecasts are linked to the same username account, then the answer would be yes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - seems a bit harsh as can only use one at a time for the Now stream, irrespective of the fact that Chromecast is not really a stand alone device
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you select cast from your phone app before playing content only the Chromecast counts as a device. This would enable you to use two Chromecasts at the same time.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

Am not trying to use two at the same time, just to be able to choose from the 3 at any time  ?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  same concept applies.  Cast first then play.  You could even have a 4th device should you so choose.  The Now service allows you to play out to 2 devices at the same time.  Hence why I mentioned using 2 devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does this work, as your phone or tablet still needs to be registered with Now TV first, so if you cast first, won't that still have to be registered, countring as one of your four devices, despite the fact ChromeCast cannot be used on its own?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your phone or tablet does NOT need to be registered first. Cast first to the Chromecast and the phone/tablet will not be registered as a device.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Most people on here with Chromecast should ask for change device limits for chromecast because I use Sky Store App on my iOS device and when sign in I have four chrome casts on Sky Store account plus my iPhone and tablet they all work