cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor

Re: Chromecast with Google TV

That's brilliant Trenchy24.

I don't suppose you could make an Irish version, please?
0 Thanks

Very disappointing!

0 Thanks
Expert 2

Maybe i am stupid but what is the advantage of the Google TV Chromecast thing compared to a Amazon Firestick, i went with the firestick as it was officially supported but just curious as i i have heard a lot have gone for the chromecast lately.

Advocate

Didn't realise there was a difference??

Mentor

Apparently there is an Irish version, based on the very limited research I've done to find an Irish version of the App to download, one seems to exist, but just for phones as everyone here is experiencing.

Maybe there is no difference in the TV Apps.

0 Thanks
Scholar 2

There are advantages and disadvantages of both.

You can "cast" to the CCwGTV but only screen mirror to the Firestick. Casting is way better and reliable. Less bloatware on the CC and you can uninstall anything that you don't want. More RAM and slightly faster UI. You don't have Amazon related ads front and centre.

The Firestick has more native apps available for it. Is cheaper (generally). Has a better remote (but that's down to personal preference).

They're both great devices and a lot depends on the apps/content that you want to watch.

0 Thanks
Scholar 3

This isn't based on the mobile version at all. It's spoofing the sony Android TV version

0 Thanks
Advocate

I just installed the now tv app off Google playstore onto my samsung a71 and I cast it to google cast tv 

0 Thanks
Advocate

I find that the google cast with google tv quicker , the remote is small but I'm used to it now, I have a 4k firestick as well but there is definitely a noticeable difference in speed 

0 Thanks