cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enapace
Expert 2

Re: Chromecast with Google TV

@gavs82008 

There is literally only three things I want from NowTV now it has come a long way this year. 

1. Profiles would be amazing to have for a family this should be a big target I think for 2021 nearly every other streaming platform has now.

2. Sports on Demand easier to use on platforms instead of having to search having a proper menu.

3. 50FPS on the remaining sports channels to be added love NFL and it’s a shame I can only watch in 25FPS most of time. 

I think all of these are not impossible demands and the baseline for most of this is already in place.

Optional Things which would be nice.

Longer TV Guide listings would be useful and maybe an extra channel or two on entertainment live. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Enapace 

Couldn’t agree more on the profiles feature. 
This is one of the main reasons I hate using Now TV, the watchlist is just a bomb site. Continue watching is messed up as used with my family and often episodes gets rewatched.

As for 50fps, they absolutely need to get this across all big screen devices. 

A simple feature like skip intro would be handy when bing watching TV shows.

0 Thanks
levytv
Advocate

The solution is to use the chromecast function to cast Now TV content from your mobile device to your chromecast with google tv. 

0 Thanks
DOSirl
Mentor

That is a work around, rather than a solution.

The solution is to provide the app for the device, which has been proven in this discussion is currently being blocked by Sky/NowTV

Brandscill
Scholar 3

Agreed. The app clearly works on devices other than the Sony Android TV but they are specifically locking it away.

Highly frustrating.

cheetbe
Advocate

Is casting capable of 50fps with this device?

0 Thanks
Brandscill
Scholar 3

Looks like someone has sideloaded it and has it working perfectly on their TV. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK1QMCxkuas&feature=youtu.be

Even more evidence that Now TV could just release this for all Android TV devices.

Latest version link 2.17.0:https://cutt.ly/LkxPVEODownload link (2.15.0):https://www.mediafire.com/file/cb9ltq5cjfx54ik/NOW+TV+GTV+2.15.0+by+FlowersPowerz.ap...
glen8
Mentor

I've looked at the source code.  Different method I used but this one is based on the mobile version, not the native android TV from Sony TVs.  They used appcloner to get a copy of the original app.  It's been modified to make the Google TV think it's a POCO F2 Pro mobile phone, and always held in landscape mode.  Quite clever actually lol

Looks safe to use.

DOSirl
Mentor

Hey glen8,
Can you share your version, please?
0 Thanks
Trenchy24
Advocate

That's my video that the creator of this used. I contacted him about doing a UK version as he had already done the Italian version. I supplied the Sony APK and he worked some magic!

He asked me to post this reply:

The App is not the mobile version but the one for sony (original size of apk between 14mb), the poco f2 pro is the phone used to create the package, but not the spoofing model, which is a Sony TV. It's an easier way to accomplish the same thing without touching the code. This version is the native android TV version for sony tv 1:1. The mobile version has a different interface.