cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glen8
Mentor

Chromecast with Google TV

Hi everyone,

I got my new Chromecast with Google TV today.  This is the new model which runs the Google TV OS (like Android TV).  Unfortunately I'm struggling to find the Now TV app.

any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (1)
69 Replies
Danny75

Re: Chromecast with Google TV

Same here.   It looks like that Now TV does not support this,  which is disappointing.

thomnow
Advocate

Looks like they support Android TV / Chromecast but not the latest stick. 

Hopefully they bring the app rapidly as I'm also wanting this ASAP! 

0 Thanks
glen8
Mentor

urgh,  typical

How come BT Sport, BBC, ITV, Channel5 etc etc all have their apps working yet not Sky.  I know they've been lazy with the new AppleTV box, but thought Now TV would be available on this as it's available on the Sony android TVs.  Should just be a case of a small update I'd have thought.

Sky are really terrible at this kinda thing, which is a shame as it's the only way to watch Sky Sports.  Can't they pay a company to do this stuff for them?

I wouldn't be so bothered, except the Now TV app is constantly having issues on my Samsung TV.

Maybe I'll just have to use the mobile app and cast to the TV.....but it's not the same.

Kumnaa
Scholar

I've just setup my new Chromecast and found the same. Shouldn't have been surprised, NOW TV is a good few years behind all the other services, still charging extra to get HD but limited to only a few devices, nevermind offering 4k. 

I wish somebody else had the rights to the football, NOW TV is such a hassle to use.

0 Thanks

Well, they killed the white box so there must be similar reasons behind all this.

My contract ends next week and even an appetising £20 offer for one months Sky Sports will not tempt me to stay.

Eurosport were never on Now TV, the new BT app signalling done sort of BT Sky agreement.

When I cancelled they asked where I would be getting my sport from now in future, yet Eurosport was not on this list.

From monopolusation comes arrogance. My White box has been destroyed by the update just yet iPlayer, ITV Hub, 4 and 5 were great, it still was a fantastic box.

It is possible Android TV will never get Now TV, though in all honesty, Google themselves may have some blame for this.

0 Thanks
Brandscill
Scholar 3

It's a shame that it's in the store, can be downloaded to the device but when launching it says it's not compatible. It's like it's restricted to Sony

glen8
Mentor

It's not in the store?

0 Thanks

You should all message NOW TV like I have done and demand the app be available for google TV

trialsmanager at nowtv.com

0 Thanks
Brandscill
Scholar 3

Agreed, need to put pressure on. The app was available, and just locked to sony devices. There is no good reason it couldn't work.

0 Thanks