cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast not working

Chromecast has just started to not work, getting a message "Viewing stopped Something's gone wrong.  If the problem persists contact online support team"

All was working ok until today.  rebooted phone and chromecast same error. Anyone any ideas please?

Also, searched site, no idea how to contact online support - appears to not be an option, am I missing something obvious?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There has been an important development in relation to this problem. Yesterday evening, I received the following email:

"Hi, Thanks for your recent contact to NOW TV. We're really sorry to see you've been having issues when attempting to view NOW TV on your Chromecast device. We wanted to let you know that our technical team have been looking into this and the issue should now be resolved. Thanks for your patience whilst this was investigated. Happy Watching!

The NOW TV Team"

This morning I opened Google Chrome on my laptop and then the Now TV app on my tablet. I then attempted to cast from the tablet to the TV. It worked! I was also able to end the cast without issue. Tried several times and it worked fine every time. So it looks like the problem has, indeed, been resolved.

There was an update to Google Chrome that I downloaded before trying all this so, if you're still encountering the issue, you might want to check for the update first.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue on all devices

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

youdoodle-2020-09-11T16-27-47Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue on all my devices that try to cast to chromecast

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too. NowTV please get this fixed ASAP. 

Lots of sport on now and no way to watch on a big screen!

Not good!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how long will it take you to sort this?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

“However long it takes to fix plus however much time we have to spend answering this sort of question”.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this exact same issue, can't cast anything from the NowTV app without getting the 'not working' error. Infuriating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, can't cast to any devices.

Watching Liverpool game on my phone.... This sucks, 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My casting has stopped working from my phone to my chromecast. 

Does anyone have any ideas as the app on my actual TV is not compatible anymore

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have the same issue here. Android user casting to Chromecast. Have Gen2, Gen3 and Ultra Chromecasts, none of which will cast. I'm unaware of any recent Chromecast firmware updates. None of my devices have automatically picked up any firmware recently. Reinstalled the app several times (last update 26th June 2020 as per Play Store). Rebooted and factory reset Chromecasts. Rebooted modem and router. Even tried jumping on the beta programme to try a newer firmware revision. No luck.

To me, this all points to a platform issue, so as @RoyB said, all we can do is wait.

I'm looking at alternatives at the moment as huddling around my phone to watch the F1 this afternoon isn't an option.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Good luck!