cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast not working

Chromecast has just started to not work, getting a message "Viewing stopped Something's gone wrong.  If the problem persists contact online support team"

All was working ok until today.  rebooted phone and chromecast same error. Anyone any ideas please?

Also, searched site, no idea how to contact online support - appears to not be an option, am I missing something obvious?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There has been an important development in relation to this problem. Yesterday evening, I received the following email:

"Hi, Thanks for your recent contact to NOW TV. We're really sorry to see you've been having issues when attempting to view NOW TV on your Chromecast device. We wanted to let you know that our technical team have been looking into this and the issue should now be resolved. Thanks for your patience whilst this was investigated. Happy Watching!

The NOW TV Team"

This morning I opened Google Chrome on my laptop and then the Now TV app on my tablet. I then attempted to cast from the tablet to the TV. It worked! I was also able to end the cast without issue. Tried several times and it worked fine every time. So it looks like the problem has, indeed, been resolved.

There was an update to Google Chrome that I downloaded before trying all this so, if you're still encountering the issue, you might want to check for the update first.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would try switching the power off to both your Chromecast and Router for about a minute then see if it will then work with the NowTV App.

Also, i would try casting to the Chromecast first before playing anything on the NowTV App and vice versa.

Maybe also try a fresh download of the NowTV App on your mobile casting device.

Should you have no joy, then use any of these communication methods in the link below to get in touch with NowTV, where live chat would be your best option.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks, tried everything I think, reset of chromecast, switched on and off, rebooted phone, reinstalled now tv app.........on live chat to now tv now I've managed to find the link!!

other apps all casting ok, just now tv

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi Robin

Quick question, do you know if the Chromecast device was recently updated?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello UK Bob,

just checked and it's not been updated - version 1.42.172094, but just followed online instructions on updated an no change.

Robin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same problem after months of caasting working well.  Have tried an alternative chromecast device and my android device will not cast from Now .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the exact same issue, as soon as I try to cast to my TV it pops up with 'Viewing stopped'. Tried resetting chromecast, router, phone to no avail..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried it at lunchtime today and got same message, yet working fine on I pad, just won’t cast to the Built in chrome on my Sony Tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue here.  What ISP are you with?  I am with Virgin and I know my router reset 2 days ago, probably received an update.  Would be interested to know if you are also on Virgin.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I,m on BT, just turned it off at mains, left it two minutes and started it again ....and fingers crossed it is now working