cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast and NOW TV not working together

My NOW TV on both my phone and ipad keeps coming up with the same error message that say wait a minute or go to nowtv.com/status.  

I have deleted chromcast and now tv on both devices and reinstated after rebooting the ophone and pad but still nothing.

48 REPLIES 48
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Is it just when you try to cast that it dosn't work? Are you able to watch on the ipad / phone?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is only when I am trying to cast I get problems. I can watch on my iPhone and iPad fine. Also I can chrome cast YouTube and BBC iplayer from my iPad with no hitches.
Can't understand why it has stopped working. Hope you can help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

Can you please try deleting the NWO TV app on your iPad and iPhone. Then re install and try casting again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I successfully used chrome cast with my iPad and tv last night, but I've just tried to use it this morning and the chrome cast tab that was available last night has disappeared, so I can't pair the two. I've uninstalled and installed the app, but there's still no chrome cast option. Any ideas? Thanks, Katy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you tried restarting the Chromecast?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, as it happens the tab just appeared again 🙂 crisis averted!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I am getting a similar error. Have been using Now Tv with chromecast successfully for months but it has stopped working. Can stream on my iPhone and iPad fine and can chromecast using other apps (fine). When I connect to the chromecast from NowTv it says 'Ready to cast' as normal. When I then click on a channel, it seems to begin attempting to stream and then I get an error box with the following message "Something's not right. Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/status for updates (0)

This is very frustrating. Could you please advise
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another thing worth mentioning is that I've recently moved home this is the first time I'm trying it in the new house (same chromecast and tv)and my new internet connection with Bt infinity only got activated today. Could this be causing the issue? Everything else seems to be working with the new internet connection (as I said earlier both the now tv app and the chromecast seem to work seperately but not together. My previous isp was sky
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Another thing worth mentioning is that I've recently moved home this is the first time I'm trying it in the new house (same chromecast and tv)and my new internet connection with Bt infinity only got activated today. Could this be causing the issue? Everything else seems to be working with the new internet connection (as I said earlier both the now tv app and the chromecast seem to work seperately but not together. My previous isp was sky

Z_Zaf

Check on the BT Router if smart setup is switched on, if so disable this to off mode.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/4641787?hl=en-GB