cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast and NOW TV not working together

My NOW TV on both my phone and ipad keeps coming up with the same error message that say wait a minute or go to nowtv.com/status.  

I have deleted chromcast and now tv on both devices and reinstated after rebooting the ophone and pad but still nothing.

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's worked a treat, fantastic thanks.

It's worth mentioning to the NOW Tv app developers so that they can give a more meaningful error when this happens.

Much Obliged,

Zaf

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

That's worked a treat, fantastic thanks.

It's worth mentioning to the NOW Tv app developers so that they can give a more meaningful error when this happens.

Much Obliged,

Zaf

Zaf

Glad you are all sorted, this problem also happened to me a while back, that was the only reason i knew straightaway it was the smart set up on your BT home hub Router causing the conflict with the Chromecast NowTV app.

Cheers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure why this is not letting me cast to Chromecast....

I'm able to see any video in my phone, but when I try to cast to Chromecast I get the following error:

"We are unable to play on the chromecast device. Please try again. Unknown error"

What else can I do to make this work?

I've reinstalled NowTV app on my phone, reboted phone. reboted chromecast, factory reseted chromecast.

and this is happening to every single video I try to cast. they all work in my phone (HTC One M7) but not in Chromecast...

any help?!

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This is information below is only relevant if you got a BT Homehub Router.

If you haven't got a BT Router then just ignore this post.

On a BT Homehub Router you need to disable the smart setup feature otherwise the Chromecast will not work on the NowTV app.

See link below how to disable the smart setup.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/4641787?hl=en-GB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is a BT Hub indeed!

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just spent two days setting up my new chromecast with my Now TV Hub and a new Akai TV. I tried the following (all mentioned above)

1. Rebooted the router

2. Factory re-set of the router

3. Deleted and re-downloaded the Google Home app.

But in the end, the chromecast decided, of its own freewill, to upgrade its software. It spent a few minutes doing that, rebooted itself and then I was able to connect.

Tenacity and perseverance pay off in this situation

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm currently trying to use Nowtv via chromecast, however it is stuck on the loading screen & doesnt load, I've also spoke to the live chat & they don't know what to do, anyone any ideas?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A quick question, do other apps such has YouTube cast fine to your TV ?

If you are using a BT Home Hub Router make sure that the smart setup feature in disabled on the Router (see linked instructions on how to switch off smart setup).

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Other apps do work, & I'm with plusnet, I've tried numerous options to try & fix it.

Im using 1st generation chromecast
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User   how are you trying to use the Chromecast? Have you used it previously? Also are you trying to use it in the UK?  

Please note: 

Android Phones have at least two ways of casting to Chromecast. One is to cast from within the App if that app enables use of Chromecast. Now TV uses this method. To use on your Chromecast you need to go into the app and click the cast icon. The other is to mirror cast the screen to your Chromecast. If you try this method for Now TV it will come up with an error regarding HDMI. With the first method you are free to use your phone. With the second method you cannot use your phone when you change anything on your mobile it will change on the other display.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.