cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast PC Extetion

Does using the chromecast extention in chrome on a pc change the settings for all google cast devices?

I have noticed it has an option to change the resolution in the PC extention but now on the chromecast itself?

Regards,

Relica

5 REPLIES 5
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Does using the chromecast extention in chrome on a pc change the settings for all google cast devices?

I have noticed it has an option to change the resolution in the PC extention but now on the chromecast itself?

Regards,

Relica

Hi @Anonymous User

I do not believe so. I think the chrome cast extension for chrome only affects things which are cast from a PC

What exactly are you trying to do? Because I believe you can only cast nowTV from a phone or tablet. You can't cast NowTV from a PC (unofficially in some cases, you can also cast from a phone or tablet to Sony android TV as I say that's unofficial , so it isn't officially supported)

The only thing that's officially supported is casting from a phone or tablet to a chromecast

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.

As far as I am aware there is no setting in the chromecast app when using on a android phone to cast to adjust the resolution. I am on a high speed internet service so just wanted to force the highest streaming quality.

Cheers,

Relica

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your response.

As far as I am aware there is no setting in the chromecast app when using on a android phone to cast to adjust the resolution. I am on a high speed internet service so just wanted to force the highest streaming quality.

Cheers,

Relica

@Anonymous User  there doesn't actually need to be a quality setting because the system NowTV use is variable bit rate, which means it's very adaptable to a person's Internet connection. So if you're on a high-speed connection. It will give you maximum quality automatically. Although it might take a while for the system to realise that it can give you max quality. If your connection speed was to drop suddenly the video quality would drop accordingly almost instantaneously

I've noticed that when using chromecast with a number of services it can take a while for chrome cast to reach maximum quality. Chromecash uses Wi-Fi, so there are a number of factors which you have to put into the equation, I'm afraid. Ideally, you want the chrome cast and the device you're casting from to be as close to your router as possible. The lower the Wi-Fi signal strength, the lower the speed of the connection.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the help

@Anonymous User

you are welcome Smiley Happy