cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast Issues - Cannot Cast

Is there someone in technical support I can speak to directly about the issues I have been having with my Chromecast devices for the last few months? I have sent messages to customer support but all I get is replies saying we are sorry you are having issues, here's instructions on how to set up your Chromecast device. 

The issue I have is that I can no longer cast to the three Chromecast devices I have in the house. I was able to use them without issue, but now they will not work. Every other casting app works perfectly (BBC iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 etc), but not Now TV. 

Here's the steps I make:

1. Open the Now TV app on my phone. 

2. Press the cast button in the top right of the screen. 

3. Select one of the three Chromecast devices in my house

4. The TV changes from the Chromecast 'screensaver' picture to a black screen with the spinning NOW TV dots. 

5. I wait, and wait. After a few minutes the spinning dots times out and returns to the screensaver picture. 

When the service was working, the spinning dots at step 4 would display for a couple of seconds maximum and then display the NOW TV promo screen (advertising an upcomming film or TV show). This is no longer the case. 

Also just to confirm, this is not the live TV Chromecast issue that is being mentioned on the forums. I rarely watch the live channels on the service. 

Please help - I cancelled my passes a while ago because of this issue and recently had a message saying Chromecast issues were fixed so took out a movies pass again. The only device I'm able to use the service on is an aging smart TV. The Chromecasts are on the main TVs in the house and are the prefered screens to watch content.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m also experiencing the same issue. 

Im my example NowTV support reset all my linked devices. Since attempting to get them all linked again I’ve not managed to get any working. All I get is the spinning blobs. 

All other apps YouTube, iplayer etc work fine. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we have some update on this please Now TV? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got both of mine working this morning. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I ask what you did to fix it? Did Now TV have to do something on their end?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nope, just worked.