cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast Initial Setup - PLEASE HELP!

OK - somebody please help me before I go mad!!

Just brought a Chromecast. Installed Google Home App on my iPhone 6 and set it all up fine. 

When I go to the NOW TV app (updated today) I just can't see anywhere to select to cast it to the Chromecast. I'm having exactly the same issue with BBC iPlayer.

However, ITV Hub and Netflix both work fine! Been restarting things for about an hour and going crazy... am I missing something really obvious? Please help!

Thank you,

Vicky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  where exactly are you looking for the cast icon.  I have checked on two phones here.  The cast icon shows in the orange or purple bar depending on content choice.  Glad iplayer now working.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User the cast icon should be in the top corner of the app? Same with iPlayer If it is not there you may need to reinstall. Does the cast icon appear in your Netflix app?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, that's what I thought!

It appears on the netflix app and the itv hub app, but not NOW TV or iPlayer or You Tube!

Should I delete those apps and try again? Will try it now!

Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope - nothing!

I've deleted the app and installed again. I can't see a cast button when I I am on the menu screen, inside one programme (with a list of episodes) or when I am playing an episode on my phone. Driving me mad!

Please help!

Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

iPlayer is now working.. just nothing from NOW TV.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  where exactly are you looking for the cast icon.  I have checked on two phones here.  The cast icon shows in the orange or purple bar depending on content choice.  Glad iplayer now working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So strange... must have been a time delay on some of the apps as all now working! I should have walked away for a few hours and come back rather than pulling my hair out!

Yes, thank you - that was where I was looking and I am happy to say it has now appeared. 

Thank you for your help.

Vicky

Legend 5
Legend 5

Excellent glad it is working now for you.