cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromebook 2

Hi All,

I`m not sure if anyone reads this but have a subscription to NOWTV, and have bought a Toshiba Chromebook 2, but the Nowtv site cannot play the movies, comes up with OS cant open.

Does anyone know how to watch NowTV with the Chromebook 2?

Many Thanks in advance

Jeni xx

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not certain that NowTV supports Chromebook ?

See this article linked below taken from the NowTV Help Centre.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Perhaps somebody on here can confirm either way or advise on a solution.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi All,

I`m not sure if anyone reads this but have a subscription to NOWTV, and have bought a Toshiba Chromebook 2, but the Nowtv site cannot play the movies, comes up with OS cant open.

Does anyone know how to watch NowTV with the Chromebook 2?

Many Thanks in advance

Jeni xx

@Anonymous User

HI Jeni, welcome to the fourm, the previous response is indeed correct, we unfortunately do not support chrome with Nowtv, as it is a google device .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and this is why i like so many others have walked away from sky and nowtv all together 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV doesn't work via the Chrome browser on a Chromebook because the media playback that the NOW TV website uses is based on a technology called Silverlight and Chrome doesn't support Silverlight. It has nothing to do with it being a Google device!

It doesn't work with most browsers (on other laptops and desktop computers), as most don't support Silverlight. Silverlight is no longer supported by Microsoft (who developed the technology) so NOW TV will have to (eventually) use HTML5 media playback instead, that is supported by all browsers. How long this will be, who knows.

The Toshiba Chromebook 2 has very recently got access to the Play Store to allow you to install Android Apps. You may need to do a software update in order to get this, you can do so via "Settings/About Chrome OS". Once done, you can install the NOW TV Android App and try that. It only partly works on my Chromebook as it starts to judder once playback goes to HD quality but that may be because my Chromebook only has 2Gb RAM.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, then I'd like a refund for the £7.99 I've just paid to watch Sky Sports on my Chromebook.

How do I go about getting a refund?